- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 4, 2003
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
A hypochondriac tries to find a new husband for his beloved wife after mistakenly believing that he will soon die. The results are hilarious.
Although George is happily married to Judy, he worries about everything and always thinks he's sick. One day, while visiting Dr. Morrissey, George overhears the physician discussing the gloomy outlook for another patient... and thinks the doctor is talking about him!
Now under the impression that he has only a few weeks left to live, he sets out to find Judy an acceptable mate to take his place.
Meanwhile, George's buddy, next-door-neighbor Arnold, is more devastated by the news of his friend's condition than anyone else. So he goes out and tries to drown his sorrows in booze... for an entire three days.
Further confusion sets in when George lines up a millionaire to become his wife's next husband -- an egotist who just happens to be one of Judy's old flames.
Will George find out the truth about his condition before his marriage is destroyed'
Family Interaction |
Love Affairs |
- Additional cast: Clive Clerk (Vito); Helen Winston (Woman Commuter); and Christine Nelson (Nurse).
- Doris Day performs the title song.
- A Martin Melcher production.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City on November 12, 1964.