- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 5, 1999
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - English
- Dolby Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Film Highlights
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'm your worst nightmare -- an 8-year-old with a badge."
- DEVON BUTLER (Norman Golden II)
New York Times - 04/02/1993
"...Quite a few [comic] moments..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 04/02/1993
"...Reynolds and Golden work well together in the movie. They have a chemistry that seems based on friendship and a sense of humor..."
Devon Butler, a streetwise 8-year old, is about to get a shot at his lifelong dream of becoming a police officer. He's got the authoritative mannerisms down to a science but before Devon can realize his goal he's got to witness a murder, intervene on the victim's behalf and befriend disgruntled detective Nick Mckenna. Provided the youngster can manage it all without getting hurt in the process, his fantasy just might come true.
Family (General) |
Kids Adventure |
- Director-actor Henry Winkler was born on October 30, 1945. He attended Yale Drama School and went on the perform on the New York stage before landing the role for which he is most well known: Arthur Fonzerelli (a.k.a Fonzie and The Fonz) on the hit 1970s TV series "Happy Days."
- Imagine Films, which produced "Cop and a Half" is run by Ron Howard, who used to play Richie Cunningham opposite Henry Winkler's Fonz on "Happy Days."
- Ray Sharkey made his final screen appearance in this film.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Color by Deluxe.