Duet (Plus Bonus Tracks)
20 copies available
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Columbia CS-8552 (1962)
Description by OLDIES.com:
One of the most popular performers of the 1950s and 1960s, singer/actress Doris Day teams up with accomplished accompanist and arranger Andre Previn on this classic Columbia album from 1962. The famed Andre Previn Trio lends an intimate feel to this romantic collection. "Falling In Love Again," "Who Are We To Say" and "Fools Rush In" showcase the remarkable chemistry between these two talented individuals.
- 1.Close Your Eyes
- 2.Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread)
- 4.Nobody's Heart
- 5.Remind Me
- 6.Who Are We To Say
- 8.Give Me Time
- 9.Control Yourself
- 10.Wait Till You See Him
- 11.My One And Only Love
- 12.Falling In Love Again
- 13.Close Your Eyes (Alternate Take & Bonus Track)
- 14.Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear To Tread) (Alternate Take & Bonus Track)
- 15.You're Good For Me (Bonus Track)
- 16.Nobody's Heart (Alternate Take & Bonus Track)
- 17.In Love In Vain
Personnel: Doris Day (vocals); Andre Previn (piano); Red Mitchell (bass); Frank Capp (drums).
Recorded in Hollywood, California. Originally released on Columbia (8552).
Liner Note Author: Irving Townsend.
Recording information: 11/30/1961-12/16/1961.
Recorded late in 1961, this album is a milestone in Doris Day's career -- despite having generated no hits -- as her best long-player (and, by extension, her best CD), and her purest jazz solo album. Cut as a duet with Andr‚ Previn (with Previn Trio bassist Red Mitchell and drummer Frank Capp providing occasional support), the album presents Day in the most intimate musical setting of her career. Her trademark style of singing works twice as well here as it did on her swing-era and early solo recordings. The repertory includes "Fools Rush In," and Alec Wilder's "Give Me Time," "Falling in Love Again," and a few Previn-authored pieces that hold up magnificently in this company. The CD reissue includes three previously unreleased outtakes, among them even more upbeat renditions of "Fools Rush In" and "Close Your Eyes." And the notes by Will Friedwald are also a treat. Worth tracking down; if you own only one Doris Day non-hits/non-swing-era CD, this is the one. ~ Bruce Eder
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 39,206
- UPC: 090431687420
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(25)
$4.31 Super Savings
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE