Doris Day What Every Girl Should Know / I Have Dreamed
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Doris Day ~ April In Paris / Young At Heart (Plus More!) ~ $10.98
by Doris Day / André Previn ~ Duet (Plus Bonus Tracks) ~ $10.98
by Doris Day ~ Sentimental Journey / Latin For Lovers ~ $10.98
by Doris Day ~ Tea For Two / Lullaby of Broadway ~ $10.98
by Doris Day ~ With A Smile And a Song (2-CD) $14.46
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The two original LPs on this compact disc were originally released by Columbia in the 1960s - among the highlights are the ballads "All I Have To Do Is Dream," "Time To Say Goodbye," and "Something Wonderful".
- 1.What Every Girl Should Know
- 2.Mood Indigo
- 3.When You're Smiling
- 4.A Fella Needs A Girl
- 5.My Kinda Love
- 6.What's The Use Of Wond'rin'
- 7.Something Wonderful
- 8.A Hundred Years From Today
- 9.You Can't Have Everything
- 10.Not Only Should You Love Him
- 11.What Does A Woman Do
- 12.The Everlasting Arms
- 13.I Believe In Dreams
- 14.I'll Buy That Dream
- 15.My Ship
- 16.All I Do Is Dream Of You
- 17.When I Grow Too Old To Dream
- 18.We'll Love Again
- 19.I Have Dreamed
- 20.Periwinkle Blue
- 21.Someday I'll Find You
- 22.You Stepped Out Of A Dream
- 23.Oh What A Beautiful Dream
- 24.Time To Say Goodnight
2 LPs on 1 CD: WHAT EVERY GIRL SHOULD KNOW (1960)/I HAVE DREAMED (1961).
Originally released on Columbia.
Liner Note Author: Pete Martin .
Recording information: 12/11/1959-05/05/1961.
Directors: Harry Zimmerman; Jim Harbert.
In the early '60s, recording artists like Doris Day often would assemble the songs for their albums by coming up with a concept -- travel songs, Oscar winners, etc. -- and then picking 12 tunes, most of them from among the hundreds of pop standards that came from movie and stage musicals of the '20s, '30s, and '40s, sometimes commissioning a new song or two on the theme to be written. (Actually, all this legwork was done less often by the singer herself than by the A&R person assigned to her at the record label.) This discount-priced two-fer reissue presents two such albums, the first released originally in 1960, the second in 1961. What Every Girl Should Know was an album of songs of advice, such as "What's the Use of Wond'rin'" from Rodgers & Hammerstein's Carousel and "You Can't Have Everything" from the 1937 movie of the same name. I Have Dreamed was an album of songs about dreaming, such as the 1945 hit "I'll Buy That Dream" and "You Stepped Out of a Dream" from the 1941 film Ziegfeld Girl. Day, who came up as a '40s band singer, knows her way around dream songs, which were a staple of the swing era, and coming from a pre-women's liberation generation, she has no trouble articulating advice to women to be true to often imperfect males, even if listeners 40 years later may cringe here and there. As a 2001 Day compilation, the 24-track set contains perhaps a few too many obscure and not very good songs, but it does afford fans the opportunity to hear Day address many memorable show tunes, especially a clutch of lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II. ~ William Ruhlmann
Sergio MendesIn Person At El Matador! / Favorite Things / Pele (Original... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$9.98 on SALE
Doris Day - TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection:... (DVD)
$12.51 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,023
- UPC: 090431686829
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$3.85 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE