Doris Day Sentimental Journey / Latin For Lovers
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Doris Day ~ Beautiful Ballads ~ $2.98 (Save 63%)
- by Doris Day / André Previn ~ Duet (Plus Bonus Tracks) ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Doris Day ~ Golden Girl: Columbia Recordings 1944-1966 (2-CD) ~ $18.44
- by Doris Day ~ My Heart ~ $8.94
- by Doris Day ~ What Every Girl Should Know / I Have Dreamed ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Doris Day's Biggest hit, "Sentimental Journey," was recorded while she was a vocalist in Les Brown's band in the mid-1940s. Highlights from these two original albums on one compact disc include "Fly Me To The Moon" and "The More I See You."
- 1.The More I See You
- 2.At Last
- 3.Come To Baby, Do!
- 4.I Had The Craziest Dream
- 5.I'll Never Smile Again
- 6.I Remember You
- 7.Serenade In Blue
- 8.I'm Beginning To See The Light
- 9.It Could Happen To You
- 10.It's Been A Long, Long Time
- 11.Sentimental Journey
- 12.Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars
- 13.Fly Me To The Moon
- 16.Summer Has Gone
- 17.How Insensitive
- 18.Slightly Out Of Tune
- 19.Our Day Will Come
- 20.Be True To Me
- 21.Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
- 22.Be Mine Tonight
- 23.Por Favor
2 LPs on 1 CD: SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY (1965)/LATIN FOR LOVERS (1965).
Originally released on Columbia.
Liner Note Author: George T. Simon.
Recording information: 09/11/1964-11/09/1964.
Arranger: Mort Garson.
Doris Day's Sentimental Journey/Latin for Lovers is comprised of two mid-'60s LPs, the first a look back at Day's mid-'40s prime, the second a studied glance at the then-current vogue for Latin material that overtook dozens of other vocalists (among the best were contributions by Peggy Lee and Mel Torm‚). As the genre proved for most traditional pop vocalists, Latin for Lovers was an easy, relaxed session for Day, a natural for laid-back material from the sunny climes of Rio: "Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars," "How Insensitive," "Slightly Out of Tune," and "Fly Me to the Moon" (hey, if Astrud Gilberto could do it, why not her?). ~ John Bush
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,418
- UPC: 090431686720
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE