- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 4, 2009
- Originally Released: 1984
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Teenager Johnny Rourke (Aidan Quinn) is reckless. Born on the wrong side of the tracks, he breaks the law and girls' hearts with equal cool. Cheerleader Tracey Prescott (Daryl Hannah) is reckless too. She dumps her conventional life and boring boyfriend to follow Johnny wherever his dangerous path leads.
Set to a driving rock score, Reckless captures three talents at the start of their careers. The film marks Quinn's (Legends of the Fall) film debut, showcases Hannah one month before she made a Splash with Tom Hanks and features a screenplay by Chris Columbus, whose Gremlins and The Goonies soon stormed the box office."
Two teenagers who want more out of life, literally race to the limits of love. A young man thrown out of his home by his drunk father adopts a singularly "reckless" lifestyle.
A rebellious teenage motorcyclist gets romantically involved with a popular cheerleader despite warnings by family and friends alike that they are not suited for each other.
- Shot in color on location in Ohio. Metrocolor prints.
- Additional cast: Susan Kingsley (Eileen), Pamela Springsteen (Karen Sybern), and Adam LeFevre (Officer Haskell).
- Title and opticals by Cinema Research Corporation.
- Song Selections: "Understanding Gravity" performed by Thomas Newman and Children of 13; "The One Thing" "To Look at You" "Soul Mistake" performed by INXS; "One in a Million You" by Sam Dees, performed by Larry Graham; "Never Say Never" performed by Romeo Void, lyrics by Debora Lyall, music by Benjamin Bossi, Frank Zincavage, Peter Woods and Larry Carter; "Kids in America" by Ricky and Marty Wilde, performed by Kim Wilde; "Stand Up and Cheer" performed by the Ohio University Marching Band.
- Copyright 1984 MGM/UA.