- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Bobby Vinton's big break came while he toured as leader of the backing band for dick Clark's "Caravan of Stars" in 1960. By 1964 he had been named "Best Male Vocalist" by both Cashbox and Billboard magazines. Highlights of this collection include the popular "L-o-n-e-l-y", "There Goes My Heart", and "I Love You Much Too Much".
- 1.Somewhere Along The Way
- 2.When I Lost You
- 3.There Goes My Heart
- 4.Some Of These Days
- 5.Maybe You'll Be There
- 6.Tell Me Why
- 7.Imagination Is A Magic Dream
- 8.If You Love Me, Really Love Me
- 9.There Goes That Song Again
- 10.A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody
- 11.I Love You Much Too Much
- 12.I Wanna Be Lovedts
- 13.Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night Of The Week)
- 14.All Alone Am I
- 15.Oh, How I Miss You Tonight
- 16.In The Still Of The Night
- 17.Hello Loneliness
- 18.So Many Lonely Girls
- 20.I'll Walk Alone
- 21.Have You Ever Been Lonely (Have You Ever Been Blue)
- 22.Long Lonely Nights
- 23.Night Life
- 24.Lonely Street
2 LPs on 1 CD: TELL ME WHY (1964)/SONGS FOR LONELY NIGHTS (1965).
Originally released on Epic.
Personnel: Bobby Vinton (vocals).
Arrangers: Garry Sherman; Marty Manning; Ray Ellis; Stan Applebaum; Hugo Winterhalter; Charles Calello.
This two-fer from Collectables combines a pair of out-of-print Bobby Vinton LPs on one compact disc: Tell Me Why and Sings for Lonely Nights, both originally issued on Epic Records in 1964 and 1965, respectively. Highlights among the 24 tracks include "A Pretty Girl Is Like a Melody," "In the Still of the Night," and "I'll Walk Alone," which are pleasant, but not essential. ~ Al Campbell