Dorsey Burnette Very Best of Dorsey Burnette
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.64 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
As the brother of Rockabilly legend Johnny Burnette and the father of rocker Billy Burnette, Dorsey Burnette is a member of a Royal Family in the history of Rock and Roll. Dorsey Burnette wrote over 350 songs covered by the best of the Pop and Country worlds and along with his brother Johnny, was a member of the famed "Rock N Roll Trio". Key tracks on this best of disc include "(There Was A) Tall Oak Tree," "Hey Little One" plus "Big Rock Candy Mountain."
- 1.(There Was A) Tall Oak Tree
- 2.Hey Little One
- 3.That's Me Without You
- 4.Hard Rock Mine
- 5.Red Roses
- 6.That Lucky Old Sun
- 7.Great Shakin' Fever
- 8.Hard Working Man
- 9.Big Rock Candy Mountain
- 10.The Ghost Of Billy Maloo
- 11.It's No Sin
- 12.I Got The Sun In The Morning
- 13.Suddenly There's A Valley
- 14.Noah's Ark
- 15.The Wayward Wind
- 16.Lazy Bones
- 17.(There Was A) Tall Oak Tree (Alternate Take)
Includes liner notes by Cub Koda.
Liner Note Author: Cub Koda.
The Very Best of Dorsey Burnette gathers highlights from the rockabilly/country singer/songwriter's solo career with ERA Records, including his biggest hit, the self-penned "(There Was A) Tall Oak Tree." Other definitive singles range from rockabilly-oriented material like "Great Shakin' Fever" to smooth pop songs such as "Hey Little One" and "That's Me Without You"; both styles complement Burnette's rich voice. The collection's tracklisting is virtually identical to the 1994 compilation The Best of Dorsey Burnette, and both of these albums are a solid overview of the high point of Burnette's career, but his fans might be better served by the Bear Family collection Great Shakin' Fever. ~ Heather Phares
Ral DonnerYou Don't Know What You've Got - A Golden Classics Ed.
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,333
- UPC: 090431685228
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $22.49 LABOR DAY
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 101 Strings Orchestra A Portrait Of 'The Lady' (LP) ~ $7.49 LABOR DAY
- 10DB I Second that Emotion / I Second that Emotion (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- 2 Black 2 Strong MMG Burn Baby Burn (LP) ~ $4.99 LABOR DAY
Oldies: Rockabilly Music Categories:
- Hasil Adkins Achy Breaky Ha Ha Ha (CD) ~ $13.10 LABOR DAY
- Carl Belew Hits Plus Ones I've Written (CD) ~ $15.08 LABOR DAY
- Eddie Bond Memphis Rockabilly King (CD) ~ $14.72 LABOR DAY
- Eddie Bond Rockin' Daddy (2-CD) ~ $37.65 LABOR DAY
- Sonny Burgess The Classic Recordings 1956-1959 (2-CD) ~ $37.65 LABOR DAY