- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 8112 (1965)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 8177 (1968)
- Original Album #3: Atlantic 18231 (1977)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Sergio Mendes became the world's best-selling Bossa Nova artist in the '60s. These three original Atlantic jazz recordings include collaborations with famed producer and keyboardist Dave Grusin, sax player and flutist Tom Scott, and sax player Gerry Mulligan. Highlights include a live version of the "Black Orpheus Medley," "I Say a Little Prayer," and music that accompanied the documentary film "Pele."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.O Morro
- 3.Samba Do Astronauta
- 4.Tem Do De Mim
- 6.Samba De Jose
- 7.Noa Noa
- 8.Black Orpheus Medley: Manha De Carnabal
- 10.Vai De Vez
- 11.Caminho De Casa
- 12.O Coracao Do Rei (The King's Heart)
- 13.Meu Mundo E Uma Bola (Main Theme) "My World Is A Ball"
- 14.Memorias (Memories)
- 15.Nascimento (Birth)
- 16.Voltando A Bauru (Back To Bauru)
- 17.Cidade Grande (Big City)
- 18.Cidade Grande (Big City)
- 19.Alma Latina (Latin Soul) (Main Theme) "My World Is A Ball"
- 20.A Tristeza Do Adeus (The Sadness Of Goodbye)
- 21.A Tristeza Do Ades (The Sadness Of Goodbye)
- 22.Na Bahia (In Bahia)
- 23.Amor E Agressao (Love And Aggression)
- 24.Meu Mundo E Uma Bola (Main Theme) "My World Is A Ball"
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.My Favorite Things
- 2.Tempo Feliz (Happy Times)
- 4.Veleiro (The Sailboat)
- 5.A Banda (Parade)
- 6.I Say A Little Prayer
- 7.Comin' Home Baby
- 8.Boa Palavra (The Good Word)
- 9.O Mar E Meu Chao (The Sea Is My Soil)
- 10.So What's New
3 LPs on 2 CDs: IN PERSON AT EL MATDOR! (1965)/PELE (1977)/SERGIO MENDES' FAVORITE THINGS (1968).
Personnel includes: Sergio Mendes (piano, electric piano, harpsichord); Wanda De Sah, Pele, Gracinha Leorace, Carol Rogers (vocals); Rosinha De Valenca, Oscar Castro Neves, John Pisano (guitar); Tom Scott (flute, piccolo, soprano saxophone); Gerry Mulligan (soprano & baritone saxophones); Dave Grusin, Chico Spider (keyboards); Sebastiao Neto, Joe Mondragon, Bill Dickinson (bass); Larry Knetchel (Fender bass); Chico Batera, Dom Um Romano, Jim Keltner (drums); Joao Donato, Moacir Santos, Paulinho Magalhaes, Steve Forman, Laudir De Oliviera, Chacal (percussion).
Originally released on Atlantic.
Personnel: Sergio Mendes (piano, electric piano, harpsichord); Wanda de Sah, Carol Rogers (vocals); John Pisano, Oscar Castro-Neves, Rosinha de Valen‡a (guitar); Tom Scott (flute, piccolo, soprano saxophone); Gerry Mulligan (soprano saxophone, baritone saxophone); Dave Grusin (organ); Chico Spider (keyboards); Paulo Ferreira (drums, percussion); Dom Um Romao, Jim Keltner (drums); Chacal, Joao Donato, Laudir DeOliveira, Steve Forman (percussion).
Liner Note Authors: Al Fichera; Leonard Feather.
Recording information: El Matador, San Franciso, CA; Kendun Recorders, Burbank, CA.
Unknown Contributor Role: Wanda de Sah.
Arrangers: Dave Grusin; Sergio Mendes.
This double-disc set from Collectables combines three Sergio Mendes LPs: In Person at El Matador, Pele, and Sergio Mendes' Favorite Things originally released on Atlantic Records. Highlights among the 34 tracks include versions of "Black Orpheus Medley," "My Favorite Things," and "Comin' Home Baby." ~ Al Campbell