Our Man Flute / Impressions of The Middle East
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$11.99 (80% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Herbie Mann ~ Brazil: Once Again / Sunbelt ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Herbie Mann ~ Do The Bossa Nova / My Kinda Groove ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Herbie Mann ~ Gagaku & Beyond / Astral Island (2-CD) ~ $3.98 (Save 77%)
- by Ray Brown / Quincy Jones ~ Music from The Adventurers ~ $12.58
- by Herbie Mann ~ Roar of The Greasepaint / Today ~ $4.98 (Save 67%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1464 (1966)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1475 (1967)
Description by OLDIES.com:
On "Impressions," Mann stretched the boundaries of jazz by exploring Middle Eastern music. "Turkish Coffee," "Our Man Flint," and "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" are a few of the highlights on this 2-for-1 collection from the vaults of Atlantic. This is the first time that these original Atlantic albums are available on compact disc.
- 2.Philly Dog
- 3.Happy Brass
- 4.Good Lovin'
- 5.Theme From "This Is My Beloved"
- 6.Frere Jacques
- 7.Our Man Flint
- 8.Fiddler On The Roof
- 9.Theme From "Malamondo"
- 10.Down By The Riverside
- 11.Monday, Monday
- 12.Skip To My Lou
- 13.Turkish Coffee
- 16.Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- 18.The Oud And The Pussycat
- 20.Dance Of The Semites
- 21.Eli Eli
2 LPs on 1 CD: OUR MANN FLUTE (1966)/IMPRESSIONS OF THE MIDDLE EAST (1967).
Personnel includes: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Hachid Thomas Kazarian (clarinet); Chick Ganimian (oud); Mohammed Elakkad (zither); Roy Ayers (vibraphone); Reggie Workman (bass); Bruno Carr (drums); Carlos "Patato" Valdes (congas).
Originally released on Atlantic (1464) & Atlantic (1475).
Personnel: Herbie Mann (flute, alto flute); Attila Zoller (guitar); Chick Ganiman (oud); Mohamed Eleklad (zither); Marvin Morgenstern, Leo Kruczek, George Ockner, Karen Tuttle, Tosha Samaroff, Leo Kahn, David Mankowitz, Al Schulman, Sylvan Schulman, Aaron Rosand , Jack Zayde, Al Brown, Anahid Ajemian, Charles Libove, Charles McCracken , David Nadien, Raoul Poliakin, Max Pollikoff, Emanuel Vardi, George Ricci (strings); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joseph Orange, Julian Priester (trombone); Roy Ayers (vibraphone); Bruno Carr (drums); Carlos Merino Valdes (congas, percussion); Robert Marashlian, Moulay Ali Hafid, Geraldine Swee, Thomas Kazanan (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Bob Rolontz.
Arrangers: Arif Mardin; Herbie Mann; Richard Wess; Jimmy Wisner; Oliver Nelson; Torrie Zito.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out of print Herbie Mann LPs: Our Mann Flute and Impressions of the Middle East. Originally issued in 1966 and 1967, respectively, these 21 jazz-pop tracks include "Frere Jacques," "Down by the Riverside," and "Skip to My Lou." This is an enjoyable reissue from Mann's massive catalog on Atlantic Records, but most listeners would be better served with one of the many compilations in print. ~ Al Campbell
Live At The Whiskey A Go-Go / Mississippi Gambler (CD)(2)
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 337
- UPC: 090431683026
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- Barbara Acklin Best of Barbara Acklin (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Roy Acuff Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Allures Doo Wop Memories (Just For You), Acappella Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Ernestine Anderson New Sound Of (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Lee Andrews & The Hearts Gotham Recording Sessions (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE