Versatile Eddie Harris / Sings The Blues (2-CD)
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|You Save:||$13.99 (82% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 8807 (1982)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1625 (1972)
Description by OLDIES.com:
On the two original, classic Atlantic albums that comprise this collection, Harris convincingly sings the blues, and, in an innovative fashion, even sings through an electric saxophone. Highlights include a live version of Gershwin's classic "Our Love Is Here To Stay," and heartfelt blues offerings such as "Please Let Me Go" and "A Child Is Born."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.It's Time To Do What You Want
- 2.Dreams Are For Real
- 3.Dreams And Nightmares
- 4.Sallie's Theme
- 5.No One Would Believe
- 6.That Is Why You're Overweight
- 7.One Man Section
- 8.Steps Up
- 9.Brother Wardo
- 10.Love Is Here To Stay
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 11.Please Let Me Go
- 12.Ten Minutes To Four
- 13.A Child Is Born
- 14.Walk With Me
- 15.Eddie Sings The Blues
- 16.Giant Steps
2 LPs on 2 CDs: THE VERSATILE EDDIE HARRIS (1977)/SINGS THE BLUES (1972).
Personnel includes: Eddie Harris (vocals, saxophone, electric saxophone, piano, electric piano); Don Ellis (trumpet); Milko Leviev (piano, electric piano); Ronald Muldrow (guitar, guitar synthesizer); Rufus Reid (acoustic & electric basses); Bradley Bobo (bass, 6-string bass, background vocals);
Norman Fearington, Keith Kiligo, Paul Humphreys, Billy James (drums).
Producers includes: Eddie Harris, Ilhan Mimaroglu.
Originally released on Atlantic.
Personnel: Eddie Harris (vocals, saxophone, tenor saxophone, electric saxophone, piano); Bradley Bobo (vocals, 6-string bass); Sherie Ren‚ Scott (vocals); Ronald Muldrow (guitar, electric guitar, guitar synthesizer); Sol Bobrov, Edmund Bauer (violin); Bruce Hayden (viola); Karl B. Fruh (cello); Willie Henderson (baritone saxophone); Don Ellis, Frank Gordon (trumpet); Steven Galloway (trombone); Milcho Leviev, Muhal Richard Abrams (piano); Rufus Reid (upright bass, electric bass); Norman Fearrington, Keith Killgo, Paul Humphrey (drums); Marshall Thompson (percussion); Marilyn Haywood, Mary Ann Stewart (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Kim Taylor .
Recording information: Atlantic Studios, NY (02/08/1977-08/07/1981); Chicago State College (02/08/1977-08/07/1981).
This two-disc set from Collectables features a pair of out of print LPs by Eddie Harris: The Versatile Eddie Harris and Eddie Harris Sings the Blues, both originally issued on Atlantic in the mid-'70s. Highlights among the 16 tracks include the Harris original "Love Is Here to Stay," "Eddie Sings the Blues," and the John Coltrane classic "Giant Steps." These discs provide an entertaining combination of soul, jazz, and hard bop. ~ Al Campbell
Eddie HarrisCome On Down! / The Reason Why I'm Talking S--t (2-CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Phineas Newborn, Jr.Plays Harold Arlen's Music From "Jamaica" / Fabulous Phineas (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 5,769
- UPC: 090431682029
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- Arrested Development Best of Arrested Development (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Arrogants "Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bananarama Pop Life (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Band The Best of The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down: Recorded Live In Concert (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Barbarin Paul Barbarin And His New Orleans Jazz (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The "5" Royales The Very Best of The "5" Royales (CD) ~ $12.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- "Nature Wonders" Series Nature Wonders 2 (3-CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE