The Beau Brummels Autumn of Their Years (2-CD)
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Format: CD (2 Discs)
by Various Artists ~ The Berkeley EP's $12.35
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 1, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Big Beat Uk
- 1.She Sends Me
- 2.Tomorrow Is Another Day - (previously unreleased)
- 3.She Loves Me
- 4.Woman - (vocal)
- 5.Dream On
- 6.Cry Some - (previously unreleased)
- 7.I Grow Old
- 8.No Lonelier Man - (previously unreleased)
- 9.This Is Love - (previously unreleased)
- 10.She's My Girl - (previously unreleased)
- 11.I'll Tell You
- 12.Let Me In - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Love Is Just a Game
- 14.'Til the Day - (previously unreleased)
- 15.I Will Go
- 16.Stay With Me Awhile - (previously unreleased)
- 17.I'm Alone Again - (previously unreleased)
- 18.Down on Me - (previously unreleased)
- 19.Can't Be So
- 20.Fine With Me
- 21.Coming Home - (previously unreleased)
- 22.That's All That Matters - (previously unreleased)
- 23.Laugh Laugh - (previously unreleased)
- 24.Still in Love With You Baby - (previously unreleased)
- 25.Just a Little - (previously unreleased)
- 26.When It Comes to Your Love - (previously unreleased, TRUE instrumental)
Beau Brummels: Sal Valentino (vocals); Rone Elliott (guitar); Ron Meagher (bass); John Peterson (drums).
Includes liner notes by Alec Palao.
Personnel: Sal Valentino (vocals); Ron Elliott (guitar); John Petersen (drums).
Liner Note Author: Alec Palao.
Don't misapprehend the punning title: AUTUMN OF THEIR YEARS covers the earliest days of San Francisco's first great beat-pop band, the Beau Brummels, during their tenure at the local indie Autumn Records. Though Autumn was owned by the soon-to-be-legendary inventor of freeform radio, SF deejay Tom Donahue, and the band's sessions were produced by local hipster Sylvester Stewart, later to metamorphose into the great Sly Stone, don't expect acid rock and psychedelic soul here. The Beau Brummels, led by guitarist/singers Ron Elliott and Sal Valentino, were a somewhat calculated attempt to create a U.S. version of a British Invasion band. The way that the band didn't get it quite right was their saving grace. By adding a slightly more garagey sound and a strong Dylan influence, the band created the blueprint for west coast rock in the Nuggets era. This great 26-track compilation is perhaps the best single-disc introduction to the group.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!