Bing Crosby In Hollywood, Volume 2
|You Save:||$7.48 (50% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This second volume of Bing Crosby hits from his 1930's film appearances includes songs such as "I Guess It Had To Be That Way," "Our Big Love Scene" and "She Reminds Me Of You".
- 1.Guess It Had To Be That Way
- 2.Black Moonlight
- 3.Just An Echo In The Valley
- 4.Beautiful Girl
- 5.After Sundown
- 6.We'll Make Hay While The Sun Shines
- 8.Our Big Love Scene
- 9.Love Thy Neighbor
- 10.Once In A Blue Moon
- 11.Good-Night, Lovely Little Lady
- 12.May I
- 13.(She Walks Like You-She Talks Like You) She Reminds Me Of You
- 14.I'm Hummin'- I'm Whistlin'- I'm Singin'
- 15.Love In Bloom
- 16.Straight From The Shoulder (Right From The Heart)
Recorded in 1933-34.
When Columbia Records released the double-LP Bing Crosby in Hollywood in the fall of 1967 as the flagship album in its Hall of Fame reissue series, it was the first comprehensive collection of Crosby recordings from the company's vaults. Crosby recorded for Columbia as singer with the Paul Whiteman Orchestra from 1928 to 1930, and his recordings for Brunswick Records from late 1931 to mid-1934 ended up in Columbia's possession when the Brunswick catalog was divided up and sold off. Columbia had attempted a few compilations in the late 1940s and '50s, but nothing like this: compiler/annotator Miles Krueger assembled a 32-track selection of commercial recordings made in connection with Crosby's early films, among them some of his biggest hits of the early 1930s. The scholarly approach was a precursor to the kind of reissues that started to be done in the CD era. Collectables Records has chosen to reissue the set in two separate volumes, which diminishes its value slightly, at least if you don't buy both of them. The second disc begins halfway through the tracks from 1933's Too Much Harmony, meaning that the date range in the title, 1930-1934, is now inaccurate, as is Kreuger's statement that, "This album contains, without exception, every recording [Crosby] made commercially from all the feature films in which he appeared, from his modest screen debut in The King of Jazz, in 1930, through his eminent screen stardom in She Loves Me Not, in 1934." That's what you'll have if you buy both volumes; here, you get exactly half of it. ~ William Ruhlmann
A Classic Christmas From the Ed Sullivan Show (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 48,502
- UPC: 090431680629
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE