Johnny Winter Johnny Winter And / Live Johnny Winter And (2-CD)
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$2.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by The Allman Brothers Band ~ Live at the Beacon Theater 1992 (2-CD) ~ $15.49
- by Johnny Winter ~ Nothin But the Blues / White, Hot and Blue ~ $31.52
- by Johnny Winter ~ Saints & Sinners / John Dawson Winter III ~ $16.60
- by Johnny Winter ~ Second Winter (Legacy Edition) (2-CD) ~ $15.49
- by Johnny Winter ~ Still Alive and Well / Captured Live! ~ $16.04
- Released: June 22, 2004
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Guess I'll Go Away
- 2.Ain't That a Kindness
- 3.No Time to Love
- 4.Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo
- 5.Am I Here?
- 6.Look Up
- 7.Prodigal Son
- 8.On the Line
- 9.Let the Music Play
- 10.Nothing Left
- 11.Funky Music
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Good Morning Little School Girl
- 2.It's My Own Fault
- 3.Jumpin' Jack Flash
- 4.Rock & Roll Medley: Great Balls Of Fire / Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
- 5.Mean Town Blues
- 6.Johnny B. Goode
2 LPs on 2 CDs: JOHNNY WINTER AND (1970)/JOHNNY WINTER AND LIVE (1971).
Personnel: Johnny Winter (vocals, guitar); Johnny Winter; Randy Jo Hobbs (vocals, bass guitar); Randy Z (drums); Rick Derringer (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Alan Robinson .
Recording information: Bill Graham's Fillmore East; Pirate's World, Dania, FL.
Photographer: Norman Seeff.
For some, Johnny Winter's debut album for Columbia remains his high-water mark for its seamless meld of blues and hard rock. For most of the rest, it was his later group, with Rick Derringer and Murray Krugman stepping into the producer's chairs (as well as Derringer being a member of the band), which provided the defining moments in '70s blues-rock. BGO assembles the first studio album and Live Johnny Winter into a smoking double-disc package that offers the real differences between what this band attempted to do in the studio -- it sounds undeniably dated with all of the phase shifters and primitive guitar pedal and keyboard work -- and the incendiary stage attack this band was capable of. The basic deal is this: BGO takes great care in their remastering efforts and in presentation with fine liner note essays, and it separates the albums onto two discs. The first disc has the original version of "Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo," that Derringer scored with some years later, and the latter is all killer, no filler. Check "Mean Town Blues," for proof. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE