Presenting That Celebrated Maestro / Oh, Play That Thing!
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|CYBER SALE:||$8.78 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.19 (41% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Epic BN-26066 (1963)
- Original Album #2: Epic BN-26106 (1964)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Max Morath's mother, a first-rate movie pianist, spurred on his passion to play and expose ragtime music to a wider audience. Ragtime and other turn-of-the-century music are treated to compelling interpretations on these two albums from the vaults of Epic Records. The Jordanaires, Elvis's back-up vocal group, augment Morath's playing. Highlights are tunes such as Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag," "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now," and "Take Me Out To The Ball Game."
- 1.Medley: A. I'm Certainly Living A Ragtime Life / B. Dill Pickles Rag
- 2.Grizzly Bear
- 3.World War I Medley: A. Sister Susie's Sewing Shirts For Soldiers / B. If He Can Fight Like He Can Love, Goodnight Germany! / C. We Don't Want The Bacon (What We Want Is A Piece Of The Rhine)
- 4.World War I Medley: (Continued) A. K-K-K-Katy / B. Thtop Your Thtuttering, Jimmy
- 5.Nickelodeon Songs: A. Then We'll All Go Home / B. She Is More To Be Pitied Than Censured / C. By The Light Of The Silvery Moon / D. All Alone
- 6.Maple Leaf Rag
- 7.I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now
- 8.Take Me Out To The Ball Game
- 9.My Name Is Morgan (But It Ain't J.P.)
- 10.The Dirty Songs A. Always Take A Girl Named Daisy / B. If You Talk In Your Sleep, Don't Mention My Name / C. Row, Row, Row
- 11.Ragtime Nightingale
- 12.Heaven Will Protect The Working Girl
- 13.Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go With Friday On Saturday Night?
- 15.Cakewalkin' Shoes
- 16.Hello, Ma Baby
- 17.Climax Rag .
- 18.Elisa Liste
- 19.The Cubanola Glide
- 20.Oh, Mr. Johnson
- 21.Euphonic Sounds
- 22.Easy Winners
- 23.If You Dan't Have Any Money (Don't Bother Comin' 'Round)
- 25.Original Rags
- 26.Save It For Me
2 LPs on 1 CD: PRESENTING THAT CELEBRATED MAESTRO (1963)/OH, PLAY THAT THING! (1964).
Originally released on Epic (26066) & Epic (26106).
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of Max Morath LPs: Presenting That Celebrated Maestro and Oh, Play That Thing!: The Ragtime Era. Originally issued in 1963 and 1964, respectively, each of the 26 tracks has a continuity dominated by ragtime piano. Highlights Include "I'm Certainly Living a Ragtime Life," "I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now," "Maple Leaf Rag," and "Take Me Out to the Ball Game." ~ Al Campbell
The Best of Scott Joplin And Other Rag Classics (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 62,445
- UPC: 090431680421
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Songs of Bessie Smith / The Cotton Connection (CD)
$7.78 CYBER WEEK
Meet Betty Carter & Ray Bryant / Little Susie (with Ray... (CD)
$8.78 Super Savings
Jazz Instrument: Piano Music Categories:
- Muhal Richard Abrams Vision Towards Essence (Live) (CD) ~ $19.69 CYBER SALE
- Joey Alexander My Favorite Things (CD) ~ $13.48 CYBER SALE
- Monty Alexander Concrete Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley (CD) ~ $10.56 CYBER SALE
Monty Alexander / Ernest Ranglin Rocksteady (CD) ~
$17.08 Super Savings
Monty Alexander Stir It up: The Music of Bob Marley (CD) ~
$9.88 Super Savings