Bobby Vee Take Good Care of My Baby / A Bobby Vee Recording Session
Only 4 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$15.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.97 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Bobby Vee ~ Bobby Vee with Strings and Things / Sings Hits of the Rockin' '50's ~ $17.99
- by Bobby Vee ~ The Night Has a Thousand Eyes / Meets the Ventures ~ $22.19
- Released: January 18, 1999
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
Q - 7/99, p.1483 stars out of 5 - "Quality songs aplenty..."
- 1.Take Good Care Of My Baby
- 2.Will You Love Me Tomorrow
- 3."Rember Me, Huh
- 4.He Will Break Your Heart
- 5.Who Am I
- 6.Run To Him
- 7.Walkin' With My Angel
- 8.Raining In My Heart
- 9.Go On
- 10.Little Flame
- 11.So You're In Love
- 12."Hark, Is That A Cannon I Hear
- 13.What's Your Name
- 14.My Golden Chance
- 15.You Better Move On
- 16.Please Don't Ask About Barbara
- 17.Forget Me Not
- 18.Sharing You
- 19.In My Baby's Eyes
- 20.Tenderly Yours
- 21.I Can't Say Goodbye
- 22.Teardrops Fall Like Rain
- 23.Guess Who
- 24.A Forever Kind Of Love
2 LPs on 1 CD.
Personnel: Tommy Allsup (guitar).
Liner Note Authors: Tommy "Snuff" Garrett; Malcolm Whitby.
Two of Bobby Vee's 1962 LPs, Take Good Care of My Baby and A Bobby Vee Recording Session, were reissued by Beat Goes On for this 1999 collection. Albums from this early era can be quite interesting from a historical perspective, and though there are some inherent weaknesses -- from today's perspective -- in the formula that Vee was following, these two releases make a fascinating pairing, showing off two slightly different approaches for grafting rock & roll to teen idol-style pop. The albums are somewhat similar, but also just different enough from each other so that there's a fair amount of variety to the music. The songs from Take Good Care of My Baby have a little more muscle to them, while those from A Bobby Vee Recording Session are more polished and elaborate in their production, with less of the preceding album's occasional emphasis on electric guitar. The shadow of Buddy Holly also fell across both records, directly or indirectly, not just through the presence of one of his songs plus guitarist Tommy Alsup (on Take Good Care of My Baby) and Vee's covering of songs by the Crickets, but to some extent also in style at various moments. The 1998-vintage remastering is state of the art and captures every nuance of the vocals and accompaniment, and the annotation by Snuff Garrett is an added enhancement to the CD. ~ Bruce Eder & Jenna Woolford
Come Back When You Grow Up / Meets The Ventures (CD)
$7.22 LABOR DAY
Rock Around the Hits: 48 Star Performances from the Rock... (DVD)
$15.65 LABOR DAY
Top Hits of the Sixties: 40 Original Tracks (2-CD)
$14.43 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 5 (2-CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the Seventies - Volume 2, CD #1: 20 Original Hits ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE