Tugboat Annie (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
A lady tugboat captain tries to help two young lovers come together.
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 28 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 23, 2009
- Originally Released: 1931
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Marie Dressler, Wallace Beery, Robert Young, Maureen O'Sullivan & Willard Robertson|
|Directed by||Mervyn LeRoy|
|Screenwriting by||Eve Greene, Norman Reilly Raine & Zelda Sears|
|Story by||Norman Reilly Raine|
|Director of Photography:||Gregg Toland|
Description by OLDIES.com:
All hands on deck! Anyone wondering why Marie Dressler was such an extraordinary box-office draw need only to step aboard the tug Narcissus and sail away with Tugboat Annie for a knockabout comedy-drama. Dressler stars as savvy skipper Annie, steering through Pacific Northwest waters and through troubles with her hard-working, adoring son Alec (Robert Young) and her hapless, boozing husband Terry (Wallace Beery, Dressler's costar in Min and Bill). There are plenty of laughs, but also lots of familial strife, until life-threatening danger at sea brings out the best in Terry... and puts everyone's priorities in order.
Marie Dressler plays the title character, tugboat captain Annie Brennan, in this 1933 Hollywood box office hit. Her husband Terry (Wallace Beery) is a lazy, bragging drunk. Robert Young plays their son Alec, who has big ambitions and winds up as captain of a fancy ocean liner. The ocean liner's owner is Red Severn (Willard Robertson), whose daughter Pat (Maureen O'Sullivan) is the object of Alec's longings. Young tries to get his mother to leave his father and join him on the ocean liner, but she refuses out of love for her husband and her tugboat. Terry crashes the tugboat while drunk one night, and it is sold at an auction, then repaired and converted into a garbage boat. Sequels were made in later years, with Marjorie Rambeau and later Jane Darwell in the title role, and it was made into a TV series in the 1950s.
Wallace Beery Double Feature: The Bad Man of Brimstone...
$12.37 CYBER WEEK
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,691
- UPC: 883316126660
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Warner Archive Collection Product Series:
- The 100 - Complete 2nd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER WEEK
- The 100 - Complete 3rd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER WEEK
- 20,000 Years In Sing Sing (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER WEEK
- The 25th Hour (DVD-R) ~ $12.37 CYBER WEEK
- -30- (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- The Graduate (Widescreen) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus Audio CD) (DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER WEEK
- The Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Volume 4 (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER WEEK
- Rutger Hauer Double Feature: Beyond Justice / Escape from Sobibor (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER WEEK
- Dante's View (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK