Leo Kottke Mudlark (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Released: December 15, 1993
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 1.Cripple Creek
- 2.Eight Miles High
- 3.June Bug
- 4.The Ice Miner
- 7.Monkey Lust
- 8.Poor Boy
- 10.Machine #2
- 11.Hear the Wind Howl
- 13.Room 8
- 14.Standing in My Shoes
Personnel includes: Leo Kottke, Larry Taylor.
Personnel: Leo Kottke (vocals, acoustic guitar, 12-string acoustic guitar, steel guitar); Juke Box Phantom (vocals); John Harris, Jeffrey Kaplan (piano); Wayne Moss, Roy Estrada, Larry Taylor, Pat Smith (bass); Kenneth Buttrey (drums, cowbell, percussion); Paul "Fast Foot" Lagos (drums, percussion).
Producers: Denny Bruce, Michael Sunday, John Fahey.
Engineers: Wayne Moss, Dave Hassinger.
Recorded at The Sound Factory, Hollywood, California and Cinderella Studio, Nashville, Tennessee. Includes liner notes by Leo Kottke.
1971's MUDLARK is one of Leo Kottke's earliest albums, and the first to fully integrate his unique vocal style--he once famously described his froggy baritone as sounding like "geese farts on a foggy day"--with his stunning guitar wizardry. A classic of DIY folk-rock, MUDLARK is simply produced, beautifully arranged and clearly recorded.
The performances sound live and intimate, whether on the delicate yet sturdy instrumentals or on vocal exercises like a surprisingly effective reworking of the Byrds' "Eight Miles High." Other highlights include the traditional folk tune "Cripple Creek" and the classical guitar showcase "Bourree." A version of Kim Fowley's bizarre "Monkey Lust" with the pop eccentric himself on vocals is one of Kottke's stranger efforts, but a respectful version of mentor John Fahey's "Poor Boy" is a nice touch.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE