Leo Kottke Dreams and All That Stuff
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 1, 1992
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 1.Mona Ray - (with Kyoko)
- 2.When Shrimps Learn to Whistle - (with Kyoko)
- 3.Twilight Property - (with Kyoko)
- 4.Bill Cheathan - (with Kyoko)
- 5.Vertical Trees - (with Kyoko)
- 6.Medley - (with Kyoko)
- 7.Constant Traveler - (with Kyoko)
- 8.Why Ask Why? - (with Kyoko)
- 9.Taking a Sandwich to a Feast - (with Kyoko)
- 10.Hole in the Day - (with Kyoko)
- 11.Mona Roy - (with Kyoko)
Personnel: Leo Kottke (guitar); Michael Johnson (guitar); Cal Hand (steel guitar, dobro); Billy Barber (piano, synthesizer); Jack Smith, Herb Pilhofer (piano); Bill Peterson (bass guitar); Bill Berg (percussion).
Liner Note Author: John Tobler.
Recording information: Sound 80, Minneapolis, MN.
Photographer: John Van Hamersveld.
Arrangers: Leo Kottke; Cal Hand.
1974's DREAMS AND ALL THAT STUFF is an excellent example of Leo Kottke's mid-period sound, a combination of his early blues and folk influences and the more experimental arenas Kottke explored later on. It's also an excellent example of the whimsy that's informed his entire career, with playful songs like "When Shrimps Learn to Whistle" and "Taking a Sandwich to a Feast" featuring some of his most animated guitar work.
As always, there are also undercurrents of melancholy to a few tunes, like "Hole in the Day" and a surprisingly somber medley of "San Antonio Rose" and "America the Beautiful." It's perhaps not his best album of this period--GUITAR MUSIC trumps nearly everything else in Kottke's catalogue--but its blend of playfulness and seriousness is enticing nevertheless.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE