Somewhere I'll Find You (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
A love triangle between three reporters, set during World War II.
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$11.13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.86 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 23, 2009
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lana Turner, Clark Gable, Reginald Owen & Lee Patrick|
|Performer:||Robert Sterling, Van Johnson, Rags Ragland, Patricia Dane, Reginald Owen, Clark Gable & Lee Patrick|
|Directed by||Wesley Ruggles|
|Edited by||Frank E. Hull|
|Screenwriting by||Marguerite Roberts & Walter Reisch|
|Composition by||Bronislau Kaper|
|Art Direction by||Malcolm F. Brown|
|Produced by||Pandro S. Berman|
|Director of Photography:||Harold Rosson|
Description by OLDIES.com:
"The girl is hot," the Motion Picture Herald's critic wrote about Lana Turner's performance in this film. "No holds barred and no conditions stipulated." Turner stars with Clark Gable in this wartime romantic drama. Pearl Harbor is about to be bombed and crack reporter Jonny Davis (Gable) has just returned from the Pacific. At his old rooming house, Davis meets fellow reporter Paula Lane (Turner), a girl he once knew who never got over him. Now, she's involved with Davis's clean-cut younger brother Kirk (Robert Sterling). But Paula wasn't meant to settle, and Jonny's passion for her is equally fervent. Hoping he'll forget her, Jonny persuades Paula to take an assignment in Indochina. But she disappears there - and Jonny and Kirk are sent to search for her. What they find changes everything.
Set against the building storm of World War II. He's a crack foreign correspondent; she's a reporter who has never gotten over him. Instead, she settles for his brother, and then her real love returns from overseas, and their passion reunites once again.
A peripatetic World War II romance with a little tragedy and plenty of Hollywood-style propaganda stirred into the mix. Nice-but-boring Kirk Davis is head over heels in love with pretty blonde reporter Paula Lane. Their romance fizzles and fraternal friction ensues when Kirk's brother Johnny, a top war correspondent and incorrigible lady killer, woos Paula away from him. But no sooner has Johnny reeled her in, then he tosses her aside. In response, Paula heads off on a risky assignment in Indo-China and ends up on a missing list. Putting their differences aside, the brothers set out to find her.
- Additional cast: Patricia Dane (Crystal McReagan).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 14,257
- UPC: 883316126950
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Warner Archive Collection Product Series:
- The 100 - Complete 2nd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER WEEK
- The 100 - Complete 3rd Season (Blu-ray) ~ $33.57 CYBER WEEK
- 20,000 Years In Sing Sing (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER WEEK
- The 25th Hour (DVD-R) ~ $12.37 CYBER WEEK
- -30- (DVD-R) ~ $11.13 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
- The Best of Tromadance Film Festival, Volume 4 (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK
- The Graduate (Widescreen) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus Audio CD) (DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER WEEK
- They Made Me a Criminal / Lady Gangster (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER WEEK
- Rutger Hauer Double Feature: Beyond Justice / Escape from Sobibor (DVD) ~ 69¢ CYBER WEEK
- Sybil (2-DVD) ~ $5.25 CYBER WEEK