- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 4, 2002
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 1.Livin Above Your Head
- 2.The Grass Will Song (For You)
- 3.Too Many Times Diana (From Howie To Diana)
- 4.Over The Mountain
- 5.Ill Remember You
- 6.The Sun Aint Gonna Shine Anymore
- 7.The Reason For Living (For You My Darling)
- 8.Monday Monday
- 9.Baby Come Home
- 10.Stop The Clock
- 11.Look At Me What Do You See
- 12.You Aint As Hip As All That Baby
- 13.(Theres) Always Something There To Remind Me
- 14.Wheres The Girl
- 15.The Show Must Go On
- 16.Truly Julies Blues
- 17.Where Is The Village
- 18.Nature Boy
- 19.Here There And Everywhere
- 20.(Hes) Raining On My Sunshine
- 21.What To Do With Laurie
- 22.Its A Big Wide Wonderful World
2 LPs on 1 CD: LIVIN' ABOVE YOUR HEAD (1966)/TRY SOME OF THIS (1967).
Adapter: Jay Black.
Personnel: Kenny Vance (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Dave Godin.
Director: Gerry Granahan.
Arrangers: Charles Blackwell; Arnold Goland; Jimmy Wisner; Artie Butler.
Two of the group's lesser-known albums, dating from the psychedelic era when their fortunes started to ebb. The songs and sounds are surprisingly contemporary, with covers of songs by John Phillips, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, and Bob Lind, as well as above-average originals by the group that mostly constitute a sincere effort to keep their sound up-to-date. As neither of these albums was ever reissued after their original release, this is effectively the first chance that most listeners will have had to hear these albums -- the audio quality is excellent, but the annotation is a bit non-specific, delving more into the era than the music. ~ Bruce Eder