Merle Haggard Hag / Let Me Tell You About a Song
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.81 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.18 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Merle Haggard ~ The Legend of Bonnie & Clyde / Pride in What I Am ~ $16.60
- by Merle Haggard ~ My Love Affair With Trains / The Roots of My Raising ~ $16.60
- by Merle Haggard ~ Out Among the Stars / A Friend in California ~ $14.81
- by Merle Haggard ~ Portrait of Merle Haggard / Keep Movin' On ~ $16.60
- Released: July 23, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Bgo - Beat Goes On
- 1.Soldier's Last Letter
- 2.Shelly's Winter Love
- 3.Jesus, Take a Hold
- 4.I Can't Be Myself
- 5.I'm a Good Loser
- 6.Sidewalks of Chicago
- 7.No Reason to Quit
- 8.If You've Got Time (To Say Goodbye)
- 9.The Farmer's Daughter
- 10.I've Done It All
- 11.Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)
- 12.They're Tearin' the Labor Camps Down
- 13.Man Who Picked the Wildwood Flower
- 14.Recitation: The Proudest Fiddle in the World (A Maiden's Prayer)
- 15.Bill Woods from Bakersfield
- 16.Old Doc Brown
- 17.Grandma Harp
- 18.Turnin' Off a Memory
- 19.Irma Jackson
- 20.The Funeral
- 21.Bring It on Down to My House, Honey
2 LPs on 1 CD: HAG (Capitol 1971)/LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A SONG (Capitol 1972).
Personnel: Merle Haggard (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Bonnie Owens (vocals); Roy Nichols, Bobby Wayne (guitar); Al Bruno (acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Norm Hamlet (steel guitar); Johnny Gimble (fiddle); Earl Ball, Glen D. Hardin, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); Dennis Hromek (bass guitar); Biff Adam (drums).
Liner Note Author: Spencer Leigh.
Photographer: Robert Wortham.
In 2002, BGO released Merle Haggard's 1971 album Hag and 1972 effort Let Me Tell You About a Song on a single CD. These two albums were separated by two other records: Land of Many Churches and Someday We'll Look Back, both from 1971. If Someday We'll Look Back would have fit better with Hag on a two-fer since it shares a similar sound and sentiment, it's still hard to complain about this disc, since neither album has been released on CD before and they're both among Haggard's best. Which, of course, means this is a necessary purchase for any serious fan of either Hag or country music. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hard, Hard Traveling Man [Bear Family] (4-CD Box Set)(3)
$112.21 Super Savings
A Tombstone Every Mile [Bear Family] (7-CD Box Set)(6)
$179.51 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE