- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 23, 2009
- Originally Released: 1977
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/16/1977
"...Fonda and the rest of an energetic cast help transform these BLUES into a fairly lighthearted adventure set against the background of the country-and-western music scene..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Bobby Ogden (Peter Fonda) is a wanted man. Radio wants him. Television wants him. Record companies want him. Fans want him. But most of all, Texas police want him - behind bars. So the chase is on!
Outlaw Blues is the comic adventure of would-be country singer Bobby, whose tune Outlaw Blues has been stolen and recorded by a dirty-dealing rival. When he tries to set things right, he ends up a fugitive from justice instead. He also ends up in a breakneck, breakaway romance with Tina (Susan Saint James), a sassy backup singer whose promotional efforts propel Bobby's own record of the song to the top of the charts. Easy Rider Fonda gets high marks performing songs by country legends Hoyt Axton, Harlan Sanders and John Oates. Buckle up for a fast-lane, good ol' time.
An ex-con becomes a country music singing star, much to the dismay of another musician, who years earlier, stole one of his songs. Hoyt Axton sings.
Bobby Ogden is an ex-con and promising singer, who's also written a song. But when famous country music performer James Callahan steals the tune, Ogden sets out to find him. Unfortunately, Callahan gets shot accidentally before Bobby can say his piece -- and suddenly Ogden's blamed for the murder, a wanted man again. But he has a new friend in Tina Waters, one of Callahan's backup singers. The savvy, business-smart Tina decides that the whole brouhaha will help Ogden become a star.
Will the ex-prisoner's career really take off' Or will the long hand of the law end his dreams'
Country Music |
Scams And Cons |
- Peter Fonda allegedly did his own singing in the film.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional credits: Jim Etheridge (second-unit camera); Harlan Sanders, R.C.O. Leary, Lee Clayton (song composer); Pam Scrape (costumes/wardrobe); Dennis Jones (assistant director).
- Additional cast: Steve Fromholz (Elroy); Richard Lockmiller (Associate Warden); Jan Rita Cobler, Jeffrey Friedman (TV Reporters); Gene Rader (Leon Warback); Curtis Harris (Big Guy); Jerry Greene (Disk Jockey); Dave Helfert (Anchorman); James N. Harrel (Cop Chauffeur).