Once Upon A Honeymoon (Full Screen)
Warner Archive Collection (series)
An American burlesque girl intent on social climbing unknowingly marries a Nazi in the guise of an Austrian Baron.
|You Save:||$3.60 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 23, 2009
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers & Walter Slezak|
|Performer:||Albert Dekker & Walter Slezak|
|Directed by||Leo McCarey|
Description by OLDIES.com:
An American burlesque girl intent on social climbing unknowingly marries a Nazi in the guise of an Austrian Baron. When an American radio reporter tracks the couple down to investigate, she inadvertently falls in love with the reporter instead.
Released before the United States entered WWII, this war comedy follows the adventures of a former burlesque dancer married to an Austrian baron and the lovelorn American radio reporter who follows her around Europe, hoping for a good story. When Katie (Ginger Rogers) discovers that her aristocratic new husband is a Nazi supporter, she fakes her death and searches for a way back to America, trailed by determined reporter Pat (Cary Grant). During the dangerous crossing of war-torn Europe, love blooms--only to be cut short when Katie's husband finds her and Pat is coerced into speaking for the Nazis during a radio broadcast. But Pat and Katie both have tricks up their sleeves.
Money-hungry Katie, a onetime stripper, has come to Europe to marry a German nobleman, Baron Von Luber. But when Pat, a reporter from America, meets the comely lass, he falls for her immediately. So the lovelorn journalist trails the newlyweds across the continent, hoping to make Katie realize that her husband is actually one of Adolf Hitler's right-hand men. When Katie realizes he's telling the truth, she takes off with Pat to escape her nefarious husband--but the baron doesn't take this news too well.
- Ginger Rogers, well known for her partnering with Fred Astaire in musical films in the 1930s, developed a wonderful comedy career that kept audiences laughing during the 1940s and 1950s, and she paired up again with romantic comedy pillar Cary Grant in 1952's MONKEY BUSINESS, demonstrating that their onscreen magic was as potent as ever.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)(15)
$15.98 on SALE
The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and... (DVD)(11)
$1.98 on SALE
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Blu-ray, Unrated, 2-Disc...(108)
$5.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE