Closer To The Source
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||99¢ Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$11.98 (92% Off)|
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Atlantic 81646 (1984)
Description by OLDIES.com:
- 1.Could It Be You
- 2.It's Time For Love
- 3.Closer To The Source
- 4.You're No. 1 - In My Book
- 5.Iced Tea
- 6.Just Before Dawn
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Scott Yanow's chronology of Diz, devoid of substance, is a testament to a writer who was not on the scene. He's making it all up, while maliciously attempting, using Dizzy's age, to undermine the music of a Master. You can always tell when a writer is not , nor has been on the scene. They fabricate.
Dizzy Gillespie was a dedicated professional. He didn't sell out theaters around the world because audiences, shelling out a pretty penny, thought he had lost his skills. Please!. Dizzy and his band were not about nostalgia .
Yanow doesn't have a clue. Somebody told him some bs and he scurried off believing that he was at the same level, in the world of jazz, as the Great Dizzy Gillespie. Spare me pontification.
There is no such thing as "an open secret." By definition, a secret cannot be "open" and be a secret. That's just down right dumb.
This cd is a new and different Dizzy . "Closer To The Source" is a very hip Gillespie experience. And it swings R&B style.
- Sales Rank: 167
- UPC: 090431673829
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK