Dames (and Selections from "Fashions of 1934," "In Caliente," "Gold Diggers of 1935," "Gold Diggers of 1937" and "Hollywood Hotel) (Soundtrack) [Import]
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$7 (58% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 6, 2000
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Soundtrack Factory
- 1.Girl at the Ironing Board
- 2.I Only Have Eyes For You
- 4.Spin a Little Web of Dreams
- 5.Lady in Red
- 6.Words Are in My Heart
- 7.Lullaby of Broadway
- 8.All's Fair in Love and War
- 9.Hooray For Hollywood
This CD also contains music from GOLD DIGGERS OF 1935, GOLD DIGGERS OF 1937, FASHIONS OF 1934, IN CALIENTE, HOLLYWOOD HOTEL.
Original scores composed by Harry Warren, Sammy Fain and Richard Whiting.
Composers: Mort Dixon; Johnny Mercer; Al Dubin; E.Y. "Yip" Harburg; Irving Kahal.
Personnel: Guy Kibbee, Adolphe Menjou, Joan Blondell, Joseph Cawthorn, Ruby Keeler , Winifred Shaw, Betty Davis, Thomas Jackson, Pat O'Brien (vocals).
Recording information: 1934.
This unlicensed anthology draws music directly from the soundtracks of six Warner Bros. movie musicals of the mid-'30s. The other consistent element in addition to the film studio is a person whose contributions are not apparent on an audio disc, choreographer Busby Berkeley, who provided elaborate production numbers in each movie. One, two, or three of those numbers from those movies have been excerpted here, resulting in tracks with long instrumental passages during which one can only imagine the large-scale dancing configurations (sometimes with the help of some loud foot-tapping sounds). The most frequent songwriting team responsible for the music is that of composer Harry Warren and lyricist Al Dubin, and the most frequent performer is Dick Powell. Usually, the most popular songs from the films have been chosen, standards like "I Only Have Eyes for You," "Lullaby of Broadway," and "Hooray for Hollywood," though it's not clear why the sole selection from Gold Diggers of 1937 is the somewhat bizarre "All's Fair in Love and War" ("Love is just like war," goes the lyric) rather than the better-known "With Plenty of Money and You." The monophonic sound quality is variable, which is par for the course with this sort of legal bootleg, but the music holds up. ~ William Ruhlmann
Bernard Herrmann / Alex NorthJane Eyre / A Streetcar Named Desire (Soundtrack) [Import] (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Max SteinerKing Kong / She (Original Soundtracks) [Import] (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 36,449
- UPC: 8436006495175
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Rock & Pop: Film Composers Music Categories:
Bryan Adams / Hans Zimmer Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original Motion Picture) (CD) ~
$9.72 Super Savings
- Woody Allen Woody Allen More Movie Music (CD) ~ $10.79
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $5.38
Michael Andrews Donnie Darko [Original Motion Picture Score] (CD) ~
$12.87 Super Savings
Michael Andrews Me and You and Everyone We Know [Original Score] (CD) ~
$12.87 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Leroy Vinnegar Jazz's Greatest Walker (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE