- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 13, 2005
- Originally Released: 1983
- Label: Universal Studios
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
Single (Single Sided)
- Dolby Digital 2..0 Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Dan Aykroyd &
John A. Moloney,
Rudolf Kovar &
Michael Pressman &
Robert Boris &
Bruce Jay Friedman
Robert K. Weiss
New York Times - 05/06/1983
An insipid college professor becomes involved with four prostitutes after a smooth talking pimp leaves them at his apartment. The poor girls are trying to hide from the mob.
Dan Aykroyd stars in this comedy about a nerdy professor masquerading as a mobster. Professor Clifford Skridlow teaches a course called "Chivalry in Literature" at a Midwestern college. When he is asked to come to the rescue of four call girls who are being threatened by Chicago's most ruthless mob boss, Skridlow decides to practice what he teaches. Disguised as high-rolling gangster "Dr. Detroit," the shy academic is introduced to a world of wicked pleasures.
- A Black Rhino/Brillstein Company Production.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Featuring songs by Devo, James Brown and Pattie Brooks.
- Dan Aykroyd's first solo-starring role. He met his wife-to-be Donna Dixon on the set of this film.