Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. BSK 3136 (1977)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Originally released in 1977 on Warner Brothers Records, America's Live album is a must-have compilation of live takes on the group's essential hits. Recorded from the last night of a four night run at the Greek Theatre in July of 1977, this live album contains the Top 10 Billboard Pop Singles "Tin Man," "I Need You," "Ventura Highway," and the #1 singles "Sister Golden Hair," and "A Horse With No Name." Produced by George Martin and orchestra under the direction of Elmer Bernstein.
- 1.Tin Man
- 2.Muskrat Love
- 3.I Need You
- 4.Old Man Took
- 5.Daisy Jane
- 8.Sergeant Darkness
- 9.Amber Cascades
- 10.To Each His Own
- 11.Another Try
- 12.Ventura Highway
- 13.Sister Golden Hair
- 14.A Horse With No Name
America: Dewey Bunnell, Gerry Beckley.
Additional personnel: Jim Calire (saxophone, keyboards); David Dickey (bass guitar); Willie Leacox (drums); Tom Walsh (percussion).
America Live marked the beginning of the group's history as a duo. Recorded at the last of a series of four shows at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles in July of 1977, with film music legend Elmer Bernstein conducting the orchestra and George Martin producing, the album closed out the group's original Warner Bros. contract and was mostly released for that reason, following the Harbor album and the departure of co-founder Dan Peek. Their ninth album in seven years (counting a greatest-hits compilation), it filled in a hole in the group's history and represented America surprisingly well, given the circumstances of its release. Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell are both in excellent voice, and one could hardly ask for a sharper or more balanced live recording. The expected mid-'70s hits such as "Tin Man," "Ventura Highway," and "Sister Golden Hair" (all brilliantly sung, and worth the price of the album) are here, and more modestly charting but highly personal tracks like "Amber Cascades" are represented as well, along with early classics like "I Need You" and "A Horse With No Name" (the latter done with a beautifully elegant yet restrained orchestral arrangement). One does wonder, however, if there were more to this show than the 14 songs represented on the original LP, which might make for a good CD expansion someday. On the other hand, given that Warner Bros. has never seen fit to release this album on CD anywhere but in Europe and Japan, that might be too much to hope for. ~ Bruce Eder
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)(10)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,632
- UPC: 090431671122
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE