Director: Thomas Nielsen
- Run Time: 1 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 30, 2010
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Phase 4 Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: It‘s not easy being a lowly earthworm. Gloria and Barry live at the bottom of the food chain. But one day an old disco record turns Barry's life upside down as he decides to make the world‘s greatest disco band. Gloria joins in on the fun and rises to stardom as a singing sensation! Okay, they have no arms and no rhythm, but earthworms can boogie too!
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Thomas Nielsen|
|Screenwriting by||Morten Dragsted|
|Composition by||Jorg Lemberg|
|Story by||Morten Dragsted & Thomas Nielsen|
|Voice:||Peter Frodin, Trine Dyrholm, Jane Lynch, Lars Hjortshoj, Troels Lyby, David Bateson, Heather Carino, Tesz Millan, Frank Lenart, Jason Graae & Birthe Neumann|
You don't necessarily need arms and legs to boogie with the best, as evidenced in this playful tale of an adventurous worm who strives to keep the insect world dancing to the funky sounds of classic disco. Barry is an optimistic invertebrate at the bottom of the food chain. Just when it starts to seem that Barry will wind up working a desk job at the local compost industry, his father gives him an old box of office supplies with a vintage disco record buried deep inside. From the moment those first notes hit his ears, Barry's body starts to move and he's completely hooked. This is his ticket to a more exciting life, and if he can assemble a band in time they may have a shot at winning the upcoming annual song contest. Just as Barry sets out in search of some talented musicians, however, the contest organizers inform him that worms are ineligible to compete. Undaunted, Barry continues his efforts to form a band that isn't afraid of the funk. Just as the band begins to get in the groove, tragedy strikes and they are scooped out of the ground and prepared to be sold as live bait. Now, with his band in a vending machine and his future as the king of disco on the line, Barry must summon the courage to keep boogie fever alive despite the fact that the odds are stacked overwhelmingly against him.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Dick Tracy Show (Animated) - Volume 1 (16 Episodes) (DVD)
$1.98 on SALE
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE