America Hat Trick
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$7.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.99 (38% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by America ~ Hearts ~ $7.98
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album: Warner Bros. BS 2728 (1973)
Description by OLDIES.com:
When originally released in 1973, "Hat Trick" hit #28 on the Billboard Pop Albums chart. The single "Muskrat Love" (the first song on an America album that wasn't written by the band) hit #67 on the Billboard Pop Singles chart (it became a Top Five hit for Captain & Tennille a few years later). Joe Walsh (The Eagles) also contributes guitar chops to the track "Green Monkey."
- 1.Muskrat Love
- 2.Wind Wave
- 3.She's Gonna Let You Down
- 4.Rainbow Song
- 5.Submarine Ladies
- 6.It's Life
- 7.Hat Trick
- 8.Molten Love
- 9.Green Monkey
- 10.Willow Tree Lullaby
America: Dan Peek, Dewey Bunnell, Gerry Beckley.
Additional personnel: Joe Walsh (guitar); Henry Diltz (banjo); Tom Scott (saxophone); David Dickey (bass guitar); Hal Blaine (drums, percussion); Chester McCrackin (congas).
America's Hat Trick has the distinction of being the album that contained the first song that the band sang that wasn't theirs. Written by Willis Ramsey, the syrupy "Muskrat Love" only went as high as number 67 on the singles chart for America, but the Captain & Tennille managed to take it all the way to number four only three years later. The rest of Hat Trick failed to garner any hits and is a slight disappointment after the success of their self-titled debut in 1972, which harbored the band's first number one hit in "A Horse With No Name," and after Homecoming, their satisfying follow-up. Hat Trick peaked at number 28 on the album charts, faltering mainly because the songs lacked the cordial folk-rock melodies and mindful songwriting that prevailed on the earlier releases. "She's Gonna Let You Down" and "Rainbow Song" are the album's best cuts, but banal offerings such as "Green Monkey," "Willow Tree Lullaby," and "Molten Love" have Bunnell and Peek straying off course, sounding stale and musically feeble. The unsuccessful repercussions that evolved from Hat Trick both commercially and otherwise were not overlooked by the band, and they rebounded with 1974's Holiday, an album which yielded hits in "Tin Man" and "Lonely People," which both made Billboard's Top Five. ~ Mike DeGagne
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$3.98 CYBER WEEK
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)
$10.38 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 50,496
- UPC: 090431670620
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK
Rock & Pop Music Categories:
- !!! As If (CD) ~ $13.81 CYBER WEEK
- !!! As If (2LPs) ~ $20.85 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians Are You For Real (CD) ~ $11.68 CYBER WEEK
- 10,000 Maniacs Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings (2-CD) ~ $20.68 CYBER WEEK
- 10,000 Maniacs Music from the Motion Picture (CD) ~ $13.30 CYBER WEEK