- Released: June 12, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Epic BN-26099 (1964)
- Original Album #2: Epic BN-26220 (1966)
Description by OLDIES.com:
On these two original albums, Bobby Hackett pays homage to Louis Armstrong with twelve classic interpretations and tackles Tony Bennett's best-loved songs - including "Smile" and "I Left My Heart In San Francisco."
- 1.Don't Forget To Mess Around When You're Doing The Charleston
- 2.Lazy 'sippi Steamer Goin' Home
- 3.Brother Bill
- 4.Butter And Egg Bossa Nova (I Want A Big Butter And Egg Man)
- 5.If We Never Meet Again
- 6.Gate Mouth Blues
- 7.Someday You'll Be Sorry
- 8.Where Were You Last Night
- 9.Wild Man Blues
- 10.Swing That Music
- 11.Hear Me Talkin' To Ya
- 12.Satchel Mouth Swing
- 14.Put On A Happy Face
- 15.I Left My Heart In San Francisco
- 16.The Good Life
- 17.Rags To Riches
- 18.Just In Time
- 19.Stranger In Paradise
- 20.I Wanna Be Around
- 21.The Shadow Of Your Smile (Love Theme From "The Sandpiper")
- 22.Because Of You
2 LPs on 1 CD: HELLO LOUIS! (1964)/PLAYS TONY BENNETT'S GREATEST HITS (1966).
Originally released on Epic.
Liner Note Author: Marshall Brown.
Recording information: 04/28/1964; 04/30/1964; 04/30/1964-09/07/1966; 05/01/1964; 06/22/1966; 09/07/1966; 09/08/1966.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out-of-print Bobby Hackett LPs: Hello Louis and Plays Tony Bennett's Greatest Hits. Each of the 22 tracks has a continuity dominated by easily recognizable jazz and pop standards. Highlights include "Wild Man Blues," "I Left My Heart in San Francisco," and "Rags to Riches." ~ Al Campbell