- Released: March 27, 2006
- Label: Sony Japan
- 1.I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
- 2.Remember Me - Journey
- 3.What Kind of Love Are You On - Aerosmith
- 4.La Grange - ZZ Top
- 5.Roll Me Away - Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band
- 6.When the Rainbow Comes - Shawn Colvin
- 7.Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
- 8.Mister Big Time - Jon Bon Jovi
- 9.Come Together - Aerosmith
- 10.Wish I Were You - Patty Smyth
- 11.Starseed - Our Lady Peace
- 12.Leaving on a Jet Plane - Chantal Kreviazuk
- 13.Theme From Armageddon - Trevor Rabin
- 14.Animal Crackers - Steven Tyler
Producers include: Matt Serletic, Kevin Shirley, Bill Ham, Jimmy Iovine, Marc Tanner.
Compilation producers: Glen Brunman, John Kalodner, Kathy Nelson.
Engineers include: David Thoener, Kevin Shirley, Obie O'Brien, Gary Tole, Shelly Yakus.
Original theme composed by Trevor Rabin.
"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" was nominated for a 1999 Grammy for Song Of The Year, Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal and Best Song Written For A Motion Picture Or For Television.
While many soundtracks rely on flavor-of-the-month artists to increase sales, the musical companion to the astronomical-disaster film Armageddon leans heavily on the contributions of time-tested "classic" rock artists. Aerosmith is the most dominant presence here, as they offer up no less than four tunes, including the grand power-ballad "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and a slinky cover of "Come Together."
The bearded boys of ZZ Top check in with "La Grange." AOR legends Journey turn up too, trying out new lead singer Steve Augeri, who unsurprisingly sounds rather similar to ex-Journey vocalist Steve Perry. Even Yes is represented, with guitarist Trevor Rabin's instrumental "Theme From Armageddon." Representing the more contemporary end of things are relative newcomers Chantal Kreviazuk and Our Lady Peace.