Doris Day Tea For Two / Lullaby of Broadway
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The two releases included on this single disc are soundtracks to two of Day's biggest movie hits. The Norman Luboff Choir lends support on "Tea for Two" while "Lullaby Of Broadway" features Gene Nelson sharing vocals. Highlights include "You're Getting To Be a Habit With Me," "Do Do Do," and "Tea For Two".
- 1.Crazy Rhythm
- 2.Here In My Arms
- 3.I Know That You Know
- 4.I Want To Be Happy
- 5.Do Do Do
- 6.I Only Have Eyes For You
- 7.Oh Me! Oh My! Oh You!
- 8.Tea For Two
- 9.Lullaby Of Broadway
- 10.Fine And Dandy
- 11.In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town
- 12.Somebody Loves Me
- 13.Just One Of Those Things
- 14.You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me
- 15.I Love The Way You Say Goodnight
- 16.Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
2 LPs on 1 CD: TEA FOR TWO (1950)/LULLABY ON BROADWAY (1951).
Originally released on Columbia.
Recording information: 07/14/1950-12/07/1950.
Directors: Frank Comstock; Axel Stordahl & His Orchestra; Axel Stordahl.
Doris Day's ascension to stardom in 1948 was a bonanza for both Warner Bros. Pictures, where she had a film contract, and Columbia Records, where she had a record contract. Warner didn't have its own record company in those days (that came along in 1957), so there were no soundtrack albums from Day's movie musicals. But Columbia learned it could succeed with a reasonable facsimile when it had Day and Harry James record an album of songs from Young Man With a Horn and saw the LP soar to number one in 1950. A series of similar projects quickly followed. Tea for Two was a loose adaptation of the Broadway musical No, No, Nanette, while Lullaby of Broadway was an original script packed with old songs to which Warner owned copyright. Day made separate recordings of the material for Columbia, and they were issued as eight-song, 10" LPs; Collectables combines them here onto one CD that still runs only 45 minutes. The song scores were miscellaneous collections of standards to begin with, and Day wasn't even very strict about adhering to them with Columbia. Rodgers & Hart's "Here in My Arms" and the Paul James/Kay Swift song "Fine and Dandy" were not in the films at all, and some songs from the films were not re-recorded here. So, this album is basically a set of Day performances of old show tunes, accompanied either by an orchestra or by a small group (the Page Cavanaugh Trio or the Buddy Cole Quartet), with Gene Nelson (who appeared in both films) turning up occasionally during the first half, often as a tap dancer. Day is as winning interpreting Gershwin or Porter as she is breathing life into the newly written mediocrity "I Love the Way You Say Goodnight," making this a strong early collection. ~ William Ruhlmann
Doris Day TCM Spotlight Collection (It's A Great Feeling /... (DVD)
$12.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Doris Day - TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection:... (DVD)
$9.81 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 53,981
- UPC: 090431669020
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE