Doris Day I'll See You In My Dreams / Calamity Jane
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Doris Day ~ With A Smile And a Song (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- Released: October 10, 2005
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This compact disc includes the music from two motion picture soundtracks that originally appeared on the Columbia label. This set includes memorable songs from songwriter Gus Kahn's pen, including his most famous song, "Makin' Whoopee," as well as songs from "Calamity Jane," which featured one of Day's signature songs, the Academy Award-winning, "Secret Love".
- 1.Ain't We Got Fun
- 2.The One I Love (Belongs To Somebody Else)
- 3.I Wish I Had A Girl
- 4.It Had To Be You
- 5.Nobody's Sweetheart
- 6.My Buddy
- 7.Makin' Whoopee!
- 8.I'll See You In My Dreams
- 9.The Deadwood Stage
- 10.I Can Do Without You
- 11.The Black Hills Of Dakota
- 12.Just Blew In From The Windy City
- 13.A Woman's Touch
- 14.Higher Than A Hawk (Deeper Than A Well)
- 15.tis Harry I'm Plannin' To Marry
- 16.Secret Love
2 LPs on 1 CD: I'LL SEE YOU IN MY DREAMS (1951)/CALAMITY JANE (1953).
Personnel includes: Doris Day, Danny Thomas, Howard Keel (vocals); Paul Weston & His Orchestra; Norman Luboff Choir.
Originally released on Columbia.
Personnel: Doris Day (vocals); Howard Keel (vocals).
Recording information: 11/13/1951-07/17/1953.
This discount-priced two-fer combines two 10" LPs originally released in the early '50s and tied in to films starring Doris Day. At the time, Day was recording for Columbia Records and making movies for Warner Bros. Pictures, which tended to mean that there were no actual soundtrack albums from the films, though Columbia would often have her record albums containing the songs from her movie musicals. This was the case with I'll See You in My Dreams, released in December 1951. The film was a biopic of Tin Pan Alley songwriter Gus Kahn, who was played by Danny Thomas (Day played Mrs. Kahn), and Thomas also turned up on the album, singing the evergreens "Ain't We Got Fun" and "Makin' Whoopee!" with Day. She handled the rest, all of them pop standards from the pre-World War II era, accompanied by orchestra leader Paul Weston and the Norman Luboff Choir. Calamity Jane, from a November 1953 film, was a different story. This one actually was a soundtrack album. Well, half of a soundtrack album. Four of the eight tracks did come directly from the movie, but the other four were studio recordings. Nevertheless, Howard Keel, Day's co-star, actually got his own solo, "Higher Than a Hawk (Deeper Than a Well)." The film featured an all-new score by Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster, and was an oater in the tradition of Annie Get Your Gun. It was more enjoyable on film than on record, but Day did get to sing "Secret Love," which became a big hit for her. So, these two song collections don't sit particularly easily together on one CD, though Day is, as usual, unfailingly charming whether she's handling a ballad like "My Buddy" or a feisty number like "I Can Do Without You." ~ William Ruhlmann
Doris DayOn Moonlight Bay / By The Light of The Silvery Moon (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Doris Day TCM Spotlight Collection (It's A Great Feeling /... (DVD)
$12.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Doris Day - TCM Greatest Classic Legends Film Collection:... (DVD)
$9.81 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,099
- UPC: 090431668924
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE