Woody Herman Jazz Swinger / Music For Tired Lovers
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: COL 6679
- by Various Artists ~ Jazz At The Philharmonic: Seattle 1956 (2-CD) ~ $13.27
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Woody Herman toured with his big band from the 1940s through the 1980s -- a record rivaled only by the big bands of Ellington, Basie, and Kenton -- and played with many of jazz's elite throughout his career. These twenty-two original tracks, from the vaults of Columbia Records, offer over seventy-three minutes worth of music, with highlights including the Jolson standards "April Showers" and "Swanee," as well as "I'm Beginning to See the Light."
- 1.Rock-A-Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
- 2.April Showers
- 5.Waiting For The Robert E. Lee
- 6.Carolina In The Morning
- 7.Toot, Toot, Tootsie! (Goodbye)
- 8.There's A Rainbow 'round My Shoulder
- 9.I'm Sitting On Top Of The World
- 10.Sonny Boy
- 11.San Francisco
- 12.My Melancholy Baby
- 13.I Hadn't Anyone 'til You
- 14.Let's Fall In Love
- 16.I Don't Know Why (I Just Do) (Medley)
- 17.You've Got Me Crying Again (Medley)
- 18.If I Could Be With You (One Hour Tonight)
- 19.I'm Beginning To See The Light
- 20.As Time Goes By
- 21.After You've Gone
- 22.I'll See You In My Dreams
2 LPs on 1 CD: THE JAZZ SWINGER (1966)/MUSIC FOR TIRED LOVERS (w/ Erroll Garner) (1954).
THE JAZZ SWINGER:
Personnel: Woody Herman (alto saxophone, clarinet); Frank Vicari, Bob Pierson, Andy McGhee, Sal Nistico, Tom Anastas (saxophone); Bill Chase, Marvin Stamm, Alex Rodriguez, Paul Fontaine, Bill Byrne, Dave Gale, Linn Biviano (trumpet); Carl Fontana, Jerry Collins, Henry Southall (trombone);
Nat Pierce (piano); Mike Moore (bass); Ronnie Zito (drums).
Originally released on Columbia (9352).
MUSIC FOR TIRED LOVERS:
Personnel: Woody Herman (vocals); Erroll Garner (piano); Wyatt Ruther (bass); Fats Heard (drums).
Originally released on Columbia (651).
Personnel: Woody Herman (vocals, clarinet, alto saxophone); Bob Pierson (flute, saxophone, tenor saxophone); Sal Nistico (saxophone, tenor saxophone); Frank Vicari, Andrew McGhee (saxophone); Tom Anastasio (baritone saxophone); Marvin Stamm (trumpet, flugelhorn); Dave Gale, Paul Fontaine, Bill Byrne, Bill Chase, Alex Rodriguez (trumpet); Henry Southall, Jerry Collins, Carl Fontana (trombone); Nat Pierce (piano); Fats Heard, Ronald Zito (drums).
Liner Note Author: Martha Glaser.
Arrangers: Nat Pierce; Ralph Burns; Bill Holman.
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Bread, Love And Cha Cha Cha / Cugat Cavalcade (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE