Woody Herman Jazz Hoot / Woody's Winners
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Woody Herman's greatest renown was his contributions to the swing and big band sound, but among his many musical talents were clarinet playing, singing, and soprano sax playing. These two Columbia recordings, first released in the mid-sixties, are collected on a single disc and feature memorable songs such as "Satin Doll," "My Funny Valentine," and "Red Roses for a Blue Lady."
- 1.The Duck
- 2.I Can't Get Started
- 3.Hallelujah Time
- 4.The Black Opal
- 5.Satin Doll
- 7.Jazz Hoot
- 9.Watermelon Man
- 11.23 Red
- 12.My Funny Valentine
- 13.Northwest Passage
- 14.Poor Butterfly
- 15.Greasy Sack Blues
- 16.Woody's Whistle
- 17.Red Roses For A Blue Lady
- 18.Opus De Funk And Theme
2 LPs on 1 CD: JAZZ HOOT (1974)/WOODY'S WINNERS (1966).
Personnel includes: Woody Herman (vocals, alto saxophone, clarinet); Gary Klein, Salvatore Nistico, Andy McGhee (tenor saxophone); Tom Anastas (baritone saxophone); Gerald Lamy, Dusko Goykovich, Bob Shew, Don Rader, Bill Chase (trumpet); Henry Southall, Frank Tesinsky, Donald Doane (trombone); Nat Pierce (piano); Anthony Leonardi (bass); Ronnie Zito (drums).
Principally recorded live Basin Street West, San Francisco, California on June 28-30, 1965. Originally released on Columbia (32530) and Columbia (9236). Includes liner notes by Mort Goode and Herb Wong.
Personnel: Woody Herman (vocals, clarinet, alto saxophone); Charlie Byrd (guitar); Bob Pierson (flute, tenor saxophone); Gary Klein, Sal Nistico, Steve Marcus, Al Gibbons (tenor saxophone); Tom Anastasio (baritone saxophone); Don Rader, Dusko Gojkovic, Lloyd Michaels, Gerald Lamy, John Crews, Bill Byrne, Bill Chase, Bobby Shew (trumpet); Mel Wanzo, Henry Southall, Don Doane, Bill Watrous (trombone); Mike Alterman, Nat Pierce (piano); Ronald Zito (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Mort Goode; Herb Wong.
Recording information: Basin Street West (06/28/1965-03/23/1967).
Arrangers: Dusko Gojkovic; Nat Pierce; Ralph Burns; Bill Holman.
This two-fer CD from Collectables features a pair of out of print Woody Herman LPs: Jazz Hoot and Woody's Winners, both originally issued on Columbia in 1965. Highlights among the 18 tracks include "Satin Doll," "Watermelon Man," and "Sidewinder," which are pleasant, although not essential. ~ Al Campbell
Les BrownLerner & Loewe Bandbook / Richard Rodgers Bandbook (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 45,333
- UPC: 090431667828
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE