The Door in the Floor
|You Save:||$13 (65% Off)|
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Tod Williams - Director, Terry Stacey - Director Of Photography, Alfonso Goncalves - Editor, Marcelo Zarvos - Composer, Eric Daman - Costume Designer
- FRAME ON THE WALL
- NOVEL TO SCREEN, An Interview With John Irving
- Anatomy Of A Scene
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jeff Bridges & Kim Basinger|
|Performer:||Mimi Rogers, Jon Foster & Bijou Phillips|
|Directed by||Tod Williams|
|Screenwriting by||Tod Williams|
|Composition by||Marcelo Zarvos|
|Produced by||Ted Hope, Michael Corrente & Anne Carey|
|Director of Photography:||Terry Stacey|
|Executive Production by||Roger Marino & Amy J. Kaufman|
"The characters are exceptionally well-drawn, and the actors shine."
"[Williams] handles all of the elements of the story...with an equally sure hand."
"[I]t's easily the most robust and compelling movie ever spun off from Irving's work."
"[The film] captures the essence of the book while finding its own path to the heart....You can't shut the door on this spellbinder. It gets into your head."
"Jeff Bridges has long been one of the greats of American film acting....[Basinger's] performance is delicately filigreed and, along with Bridges', it makes THE DOOR IN THE FLOOR an unassuming pleasure."
"Bridges and Basinger are powerful in the central scene..."
"Williams sidesteps sentimentality to deliver his tragi-comedy with a delicious lightness of touch, making THE DOOR IN THE FLOOR the first Irving adaptation really to capture the author's playfulness and compassion."
The strength of writer-director Tod Williams's adaptation lies in the complexity of its characters, who are given depth by a talented cast that also includes Mimi Rogers. With the narrative unfolding like a mystery, viewers have the refreshing opportunity to unravel the details of this intricate story.
- THEATRICAL RELEASE: JULY 14, 2004 (LIMITED)
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 97 ratings.
The movie is roughly 1/3 of the book and does the story justice; you must watch it more than once because it is story is presented under the surface.
The movies made from his books I rank as follows:
1. Door in the floor
2. World according to Garp
3. Hotel New Hampshire
4. Cider house rules
Rules was a disappointment because the original story is much more rich in both character and breath and whoever wrote the screenplay missed the focus of what Irving was creating.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Scarlett - Complete Mini-Series (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- The Dirty Dozen / Stalag 17 (2-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.