Lonnie Liston Smith
Dreams of Tomorrow / Silhouettes
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Lonnie Liston Smith ~ Expansions ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Doctor Jazz 38447 (1983)
- Original Album #2: Doctor Jazz 39420 (1984)
Description by OLDIES.com:
When keyboardist Lonnie Liston Smith began his career, he owed a great stylistic debt to jazz great McCoy Tyner. But Smith changed direction, eventually gaining fame in the '70s by merging fusion, soul and funk into his playing. The two albums included in this single disc were first released in the '80s on the Doctor Jazz label; highlights include "Warm," "City of Lights," and "A Lonely Way To Be."
- 1.A Lonely Way To Be
- 2.Mystic Woman
- 3.The Love I See In Your Eyes
- 4.Dreams Of Tomorrow
- 5.Never Too Late
- 6.Rainbows Of Love
- 7.Divine Light
- 8.A Garden Of Peace
- 10.If You Take Care Of Me
- 12.Summer Afternoon
- 14.City Of Lights
- 15.Once Again Love
- 16.Just Us Two
2 LPs on 1 CD: DREAMS OF TOMORROW (1983)/SILHOUETTES (1984).
Personnel includes: Lonnie Liston Smith (piano, electric piano); Donald Smith
(vocals, flute); Premik (soprano saxophone, alto flute); David Hubbard (soprano saxophone); Marcus Miller (synthesizer, guitar, bass, background vocals); Joy Askew, Robert Thiele, Jr. ( synthesizer); Yogi Horton, Buddy Williams (drums); Steve Thornton (percussion).
Producers: Marcus Miller, Lonnie Liston Smith, Harvey Goldberg, Robert Thiele, Jr.
Originally released on Columbia Records.
Personnel: Lonnie Liston Smith (piano, electric piano); Donald Smith (vocals, flute, background vocals); Marcus Miller (guitar, keyboards, background vocals); Abdul Wuali (guitar); David Hubbard (flute, soprano saxophone); Premik (alto flute); Robert Thiele (synthesizer, background vocals); Joy Askew, Barry J. Eastmond (synthesizer); Yogi Horton, Buddy Williams (drums); Steve Thornton, Jimmy Maelen (percussion); Miles Watson, Kurt Yahjian, Babi Floyd (background vocals).
Audio Remixers: Harvey Goldberg; Lonnie Liston Smith.
Recording information: New York, NY (06/07/1984-07/18/1984).
In 2001, Collectables reissued two later works by jazz pianist Lonnie Liston Smith. Dreams of Tomorrow (originally issued on Columbia in 1983) definitely shows him heading toward smooth jazz/quiet storm territory, complete with the warbled croonings of Donald Smith. Silhouettes (1984) sees a further move in that direction, with a bit more R&B influence thrown in for good measure. ~ Rob Theakston
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 15,655
- UPC: 090431665923
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Jazz Classics Product Series:
- Bunny Berigan I Can't Get Started (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Art Blakey Hard Bop / Paris Concert (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Teresa Brewer Songs of Bessie Smith / The Cotton Connection (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Bob Brookmeyer Brookmeyer (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Ray Bryant Cold Turkey (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Piano Music Categories:
Muhal Richard Abrams Vision Towards Essence (Live) (CD) ~
$15.08 Super Savings
Joey Alexander My Favorite Things (CD) ~
$13.43 Super Savings
Monty Alexander Concrete Jungle: The Music of Bob Marley (CD) ~
$10.56 Super Savings
- Monty Alexander Harlem-Kingston Express (Live) (CD) ~ $15.59
- Monty Alexander / Ernest Ranglin Rocksteady (CD) ~ $17.08