Liberace At The Hollywood Bowl (The Complete Concert) (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3.99 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Liberace ~ 16 Biggest Hits ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Liberace ~ Classic Album Collection (3-CD Box Set) ~ $14.81
- by Liberace ~ Icon ~ $7.09
- by Liberace ~ I'll Be Seeing You: The Piano Stylings of Liberace (Live) (2-CD) ~ $17.90
- The Liberace Show (3 Episodes) ~ $7.38
- Recorded at the Hollywood Bowl, September 4, 1954
- Features the Los Angeles Philaharmonic, conducted by George Liberace
- Reissue Producer: Dan Rivard
- Reissue Engineer: Ken Robertson
- Liner Notes: Dan Rivard
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia CL 600 (1955)
- Original Album #2: Columbia CL 645 (1955)
Description by OLDIES.com:
This long overdue expanded reissue includes over an hour of additional material not included in the original LP issues. "Liberace At The Hollywood Bowl," released in 1955, was essentially an edited version of the first half of the concert; "Hollywood Bowl Encore" was released three months later, with an edited version of the second half. In addition to including all of the music performed that night by Liberace, this version also corrects the insertions and sequence changes that were made to the 1955 LPs.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Farandole From "L'arlesienne"
- 2.Emcee Announcement
- 3.Opening Theme And Welcome
- 4.Cornish Rhapsody
- 5.Let's Get Acquainted
- 6.Intro To Rhapsody By Candlelight
- 7.Rhapsody By Candlelight
- 9.I Don't Care (As Long As You Care For Me)
- 10.George And Critics
- 11.The Wonderful Art Of Playing Latin Percussion Instruments
- 12.El Cumbanchero
- 13.Intro To Tico-Tico
- 15.Speaking Of Milwaukeeé
- 16.Clair De Lune
- 17.Intro To Cement Mixer
- 18.Cement Mixer (Put-Ti, Put-Ti)
- 19.Inspiration And Encouragement
- 20.Chopin Medley: Waltz In D-Flat Major, Op. 64, No. 1 ("Minute") / Nocturne In F-Sharp, Op. 15, No. 2 / Nocturne In C Minor / Waltz In A-Flat / Polonaise In A-Flat Major, Op. 53, No. 6
- 21.Mom, Take A Bow
- 22.Beer Barrel Polka (Roll Out The Barrel)
- 23.Closing Theme
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I'll Be Right Back
- 2.Alouette (Traditional)
- 3.Theme And Welcome Back
- 4.Gershwin Medley: Rhapsody In Blue / Embraceable You / Love Walked In / Swanee / The Man I Love / Oh, Lady Be Good / Summertime / An American In / Paris / Liza (All The Clouds'll Roll Away) / I Got Rhythm
- 5.Hillbilly Music
- 6.Hey, Liberace
- 7.Intro To Liberace Boogie
- 8.Liberace Boogie
- 9.Intro To The Rosary
- 10.The Rosary
- 11.George And His Hot Fiddle
- 12.Sweet Sue Ð Just You
- 13.How About Another One
- 14.Tea For Two
- 15.Sometimes I'm Ashamed To Take The Money
- 16.Alexander's Ragtime Band / Old Folks At Home
- 17.Taking Requests
- 18.The Hollywood Bowl Concerto
- 19.Closing Theme And Good Night
2 LPs on 1 CD: HOLLYWOOD BOWL (1955)/HOLLYWOOD BOWL ENCORE (1955).
Personnel: Liberace (piano); George Liberace (conductor); The Los Angeles Philharmonic.
Recorded live at the Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California on September 4, 1954. Originally released on Epic (600) & Epic (645). Includes liner notes by Dan Rivard.
Personnel: Liberace (piano); Allen Rouse (banjo); George Liberace (violin, piano); Knobby Lee (trumpet); John Graas (French horn); Bob Sande (drums).
Liner Note Author: Dan Rivard.
Recording information: The Hollywood Bowl (09/04/1954).
Arrangers: George Liberace; Gordon Robinson.
On this two-disc concert album, recorded at the Hollywood Bowl in 1954, newly minted musical sensation Liberace (born Wladziu Liberace) is clearly reveling in his fame. While the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, native offers up light, accessible versions of both classical and pop tunes, he also spends almost as much time on between-song banter, joking about critics and talking to his rapt audience about a variety of subjects, including his hometown.
Although the performance often threatens to become an extended comedy routine (the silly "Hey, Liberace" in particular), the flamboyant pianist tempers his signature wackiness with elegant solo renditions of pieces by Debussy ("Claire de Lune") and Chopin (a dynamic medley that includes the Nocturne in C Minor). Liberace also nods to his Polish heritage on the boisterous "Beer Barrel Polka," which features a full orchestra, and gleefully careens through a lively version of "Tea for Two." Proudly showcasing Liberace in all of his over-the-top majesty, this release is a must-have for his devoted fans and an excellent introduction to the dynamic and legendarily campy performer.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,835
- UPC: 090431664322
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
What the World Needs Now: Burt Bacharach Classics (CD)
$7.38 Super Savings
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE