- Track 17 originally released in 1948.
- Track 18 originally released in 1950.
- Released: January 30, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Columbia Masterworks ML 4082 (1948)
- Original Album #2: Columbia Masterworks ML 4822 (1954)
Description by OLDIES.com:
In a career that spanned decades, Andre Kostelanetz sold over fifty-two million albums. He was a popular guest conductor with many symphonies and a musical adventurer, willing to work in any musical style. On these two albums, we find Kostenanetz in a tropical mood - among the lush, exotic tunes featured here are "Adios", "Flamingo", and "Lotus Land".
- 1.Malaguena (From Suite "Anadalucia")
- 2.La Cumparsita
- 3.Mexicana Medley
- 8.No Taboleiro De Bahiana
- 9.The Moon Of Manakoora (From "Hurricane")
- 10.Lotus Land
- 11.Kashmiri Song (From "Four Indian Love Lyrics")
- 12.Jamaican Rhumba (From "Sadko")
- 14.Poinciana (Song Of The Tree)
- 16.Song Of India (From "Sadko)
- 17.Sweet Leilani (From "Waikiki Wedding") (Bonus Track)
- 18.Frenesi (Cancion Tropical) (Bonus Track)
2 LPs on 1 CD: CARNIVAL TROPICANA (1948)/LURE OF THE TROPICS (1954).
Originally released on Columbia.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out-of-print Andre Kostelanetz LPs: Carnival Tropicana and Lure of the Tropics. Originally issued in the early 50s, each of the 18 tracks has a continuity dominated by easy listening versions of "Malaguena," "Frenesi," "The Moon of Manakoora," and "La Cumparsita." ~ Al Campbell