- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 22, 2014
- Originally Released: 2014
- Label: Signature Sounds
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Devil Got Your Man
- 2.Don't It Drag On
- 3.No More Cane On the Brazos
- 4.Love You Like a Man
- 6.Lonesome Georgia Brown
- 7.Song For Susan - (featuring Rusty Belle)
- 8.Another Way To Find You
- 9.'Deed I Do - (featuring Catherine Norr)
- 10.Like of Chain
- 11.Train Home - (featuring Allen Toussaint)
- 13.Leave the Light On - (featuring Rusty Belle / Robin Smither)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Hold On
- 2.Shillin' For the Blues
- 3.No Love Today - (featuring Allen Toussaint)
- 4.What They Say - (featuring Loudon Wainwright III)
- 5.Slow Surprise
- 6.Can't Shake These Blues
- 7.Call Time
- 8.Up On the Lowdown
- 9.Seems So Real
- 10.Small Revelations
- 11.Winsome Smile - (featuring Rusty Belle)
- 12.Leave the Light On - (featuring Rusty Belle)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Chris Smither (vocals, guitar); David Goodrich (vocals, guitar, piano); Zak Trojano (vocals, guitar, bass drum, hi-hat); Matt Lorenz (vocals, guitar, hi-hat); Loudon Wainwright III (vocals, guitar); Jim Fitting (vocals, harmonica); Billy Conway (vocals, drums, percussion); Kate Lorenz (vocals, percussion); Catherine Norr, Anita Suhanin (vocals); Jeremy Lyons (guitar); Ian Kennedy, Robin Smither (violin); Kris Delmhorst (cello); Dana Colley (baritone saxophone); Allen Toussaint (piano); Barry Rothman (turntables).
Audio Mixers: Ben Lorio; David Goodrich.
Liner Note Author: David Goodrich.
Recording information: Signature Sounds, Pomfret, CT (06/2013); The Music Shed, New Orleans, LA (06/2013).
Photographers: Chris Bence; Emma Manners.
This two-disc set finds blues and folk singer, songwriter, and guitarist Chris Smither celebrating his 50 years as a performer with re-recordings of some of his signature songs. The album was recorded in New Orleans and features guest spots from Allen Toussaint, Loudon Wainwright III, members of the band Morphine, and others, and the end result is a nice career retrospective and a good introduction to this solid singer, writer, and player for those who haven't heard him before. ~ Steve Leggett