Nobody Else But Me / Blue & Sentimental
From the Vaults of Atlantic Records (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$6.37 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.60 (57% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1226 (1956)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1344 (1960)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Betty Bennett was an acclaimed singer with Woody Herman before becoming a popular jazz vocalist in the mid-'50s. Lurlean Hunter's "Blue & Sentimental" is a marvelous companion to Bennett. A superior pop singer influenced by jazz, Hunter crosses stylistic lines in this program of classic tunes. Personnel on Bennett's album include Andre Previn, Jimmy Giuffre and Shelly Manne. Guitarist Jim Hall and pianist Jimmy Jones are among the players on "Blue."
- 1.Nobody Else But Me
- 2.You're Driving Me Crazy
- 3.My Man's Gone Now
- 4.Island In The West Indies The Next Time I Care
- 5.The Next Time I Care
- 6.Tomorrow Mountain
- 7.Treat Me Rough
- 8.Mountain Greenery
- 9.This Is The Moment
- 10.You Took Advantage Of Me
- 11.Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- 12.Sidewalks Of Cuba
- 13.Blue Turning Grey Over You
- 14.If You Could See Me Now
- 15.My Kinda Love
- 16.Crazy He Calls Me
- 17.Just Imagine
- 18.Blue Sentimental
- 19.The Song Is You
- 20.Then I'll Be Tired Of You
- 21.Fool That I Am
- 22.We'll Be Together Again
- 23.As Long As I Live
2 LPs on 1 CD: Betty Bennett/NOBODY ELSE BUT ME (1956)/Lurlean Hunter/BLUE & SENTIMENTAL (1960).
NOBODY ELSE BUT ME:
Personnel includes: Betty Bennett (vocals); Shorty Rogers (arranger, trumpet, flugelhorn); Andre Previn (arranger, piano); Jimmy Giuffre (baritone saxophone); Barney Kessel (guitar); Ralph Pena (bass); Shelly Manne (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1226).
BLUE & SENTIMENTAL:
Personnel includes: Lurlean Hunter (vocals); Jimmy Giuffre (arranger); Bud Freeman (tenor saxophone); Harry Edison (trumpet); Rudy Rutherford (clarinet); Jimmy Jones (piano); Jim Hall (guitar); George Duvivier, Trigger Alpert (bass); Don Lamond (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic (1344).
Personnel: Jim Hall (guitar); Harry Klee (flute, alto saxophone); Arthur Gleghorn (flute); Dave Pell, Rudy Rutherford (clarinet); Gus Bivona (bass clarinet); Bob Cooper, Bud Freeman (tenor saxophone); Jimmy Giuffre (baritone saxophone); Shorty Rogers (trumpet, flugelhorn); Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet); Frank Rosolino (trombone); Andr‚ Previn (piano); Shelly Manne, Irving Cottler (drums).
Arrangers: Frank Rosolino; Jimmy Giuffre; Andr‚ Previn ; Shorty Rogers.
This Collectables reissue combines similar, out of print sessions from the vaults of Atlantic by two relatively esoteric jazz and pop singers, Betty Bennett and Lurlean Hunter. On Nobody Else but Me from 1956, the sultry pop/jazz vocals of Bennett are combined with five arrangements by Shorty Rodgers, six with her then husband Andre Previn on several standards by the Gershwin Brothers, and Rodgers & Hart. Blue and Sentimental was recorded four years later by Hunter. Lurlean Hunter's Sarah Vaughan-influenced vocals are utilized on a similar set of 11 standards (with the Count Basie-penned title track), arranged and conducted by Jimmy Giuffre with a better than average jazz combo including Harry "Sweets" Edison, Bud Freeman, and Jim Hall. ~ Al Campbell
Ray BryantMeet Betty Carter & Ray Bryant / Little Susie (with Ray... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Marilyn MayeMeet Marvelous Marilyn Maye / The Lamp Is Low (CD)
$11.03 LABOR DAY
Frances WayneSong For My Man (with Neal Hefti And His Orchestra) (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 20,921
- UPC: 090431662328
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.07 LABOR DAY
Collectables Records Labels:
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Nicky Addeo & The Night Owls Seaside Serenade (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE