Soulero / Law's Cause
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|You Save:||$5.24 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Eddie Higgins ~ In Chicago $12.95
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1446 (1966)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1509 (1969)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Eddie Higgins is a musician's musician. A renowned bop pianist, he is well known for his intricate yet soulful explorations of standards such as "Love Letters," which appear on "Soulero," now available for the first time on CD. He's joined on this disc with an outing by Hubert Laws, the classically-trained flautist whose "Laws' Cause" was engineered by Phil Ramone and features such jazz all-stars as Ron Carter, Chick Corea, and Kenny Burrell.
- 1.Tango Africaine
- 2.Love Letters
- 3.Shelley's World
- 5.Mr. Evans
- 7.Beautiful Dreamer
- 8.Makin" Whoopee
- 9.No More
- 10.If You Knew
- 11.A Day With You
- 12.Please Let Go
- 13.Shades Of Light
- 14.Trio For Flute, Bassoon, And Piano
2 LPs in 1 CD: Eddie Higgins Trio/SOULERO (1966)/Hubert Laws/LAW'S CAUSE (1969).
Eddie Higgins Trio: Eddie Higgins (piano); Richard Evans (bass); Marshall Thompson (drums).
Producers: Bill Traut, George Bodansky.
Recorded at Universal Recording Corporation, Chicago, Illinois. Originally released on Atlantic (1446).
Performers include: Hubert Laws (flute, piccolo); Melba Moore (vocals); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Karl Porter (bassoon); Sam Brown (sitar); Chick Corea (piano); Roland Hanna (harpsichord); Kenny Burrell (guitar); Ron Carter (bass); Chuck Rainey (Fender bass); Grady Tate (drums).
Producer: Joel Dorn.
Originally released on Atlantic (1509).
Personnel: Eddie Higgins (piano); Melba Moore (vocals); Eric Gale , Kenny Burrell (guitar); Hubert Laws (flute, piccolo); Karl Porter (bassoon); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Chick Corea (piano); Chuck Rainey (bass guitar); Grady Tate, Marshall Thompson (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mike James .
Recording information: Universal Recording Corporation, Chicago, IL.
Arrangers: Chick Corea; Eddie Higgins; Hubert Laws; John Murtaugh.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out of print LPs by Eddie Higgins (Soulero) and Hubert Laws (Laws' Cause), both originally issued separately on Atlantic in 1965 and 1969, respectively. Highlights among the 15 tracks include "Soulero" and "Django" (Higgins) and "Trio for Flute, Bassoon and Piano" and "Windows" (Laws). These discs provide an interesting and entertaining combination of hard bop and crossover jazz. ~ Al Campbell
Charles Lloyd / Warne MarshFlowering of The Original Charles Lloyd Quartet / Warne... (CD)
$7.49 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 38,731
- UPC: 090431661826
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Songs of Bessie Smith / The Cotton Connection (CD)(5)
$9.73 on SALE
Meet Betty Carter & Ray Bryant / Little Susie (with Ray... (CD)(5)
$10.98 on SALE
Jazz Greats of Our Time: Complete Recordings (2-CD)
$16.40 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $4
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $4
- Johnny Adams Reconsider Me - A Golden Classics Edition (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE