Soulero / Law's Cause
Collectables Jazz Classics (series)
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.27 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$6.70 (45% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eddie Higgins ~ In Chicago ~ $12.95
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 1446 (1966)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 1509 (1969)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Eddie Higgins is a musician's musician. A renowned bop pianist, he is well known for his intricate yet soulful explorations of standards such as "Love Letters," which appear on "Soulero," now available for the first time on CD. He's joined on this disc with an outing by Hubert Laws, the classically-trained flautist whose "Laws' Cause" was engineered by Phil Ramone and features such jazz all-stars as Ron Carter, Chick Corea, and Kenny Burrell.
- 1.Tango Africaine
- 2.Love Letters
- 3.Shelley's World
- 5.Mr. Evans
- 7.Beautiful Dreamer
- 8.Makin" Whoopee
- 9.No More
- 10.If You Knew
- 11.A Day With You
- 12.Please Let Go
- 13.Shades Of Light
- 14.Trio For Flute, Bassoon, And Piano
2 LPs in 1 CD: Eddie Higgins Trio/SOULERO (1966)/Hubert Laws/LAW'S CAUSE (1969).
Eddie Higgins Trio: Eddie Higgins (piano); Richard Evans (bass); Marshall Thompson (drums).
Producers: Bill Traut, George Bodansky.
Recorded at Universal Recording Corporation, Chicago, Illinois. Originally released on Atlantic (1446).
Performers include: Hubert Laws (flute, piccolo); Melba Moore (vocals); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Karl Porter (bassoon); Sam Brown (sitar); Chick Corea (piano); Roland Hanna (harpsichord); Kenny Burrell (guitar); Ron Carter (bass); Chuck Rainey (Fender bass); Grady Tate (drums).
Producer: Joel Dorn.
Originally released on Atlantic (1509).
Personnel: Eddie Higgins (piano); Melba Moore (vocals); Eric Gale , Kenny Burrell (guitar); Hubert Laws (flute, piccolo); Karl Porter (bassoon); Jimmy Owens (trumpet, flugelhorn); Chick Corea (piano); Chuck Rainey (bass guitar); Grady Tate, Marshall Thompson (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mike James .
Recording information: Universal Recording Corporation, Chicago, IL.
Arrangers: Chick Corea; Eddie Higgins; Hubert Laws; John Murtaugh.
This two-fer from Collectables features a pair of out of print LPs by Eddie Higgins (Soulero) and Hubert Laws (Laws' Cause), both originally issued separately on Atlantic in 1965 and 1969, respectively. Highlights among the 15 tracks include "Soulero" and "Django" (Higgins) and "Trio for Flute, Bassoon and Piano" and "Windows" (Laws). These discs provide an interesting and entertaining combination of hard bop and crossover jazz. ~ Al Campbell
Charles Lloyd / Warne MarshFlowering of The Original Charles Lloyd Quartet / Warne... (CD)
$6.37 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 51,883
- UPC: 090431661826
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Collectables Jazz Classics Product Series:
- Bunny Berigan I Can't Get Started (CD) ~ $9.33 LABOR DAY
- Art Blakey Hard Bop / Paris Concert (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Teresa Brewer Songs of Bessie Smith / The Cotton Connection (CD) ~ $8.27 LABOR DAY
- Bob Brookmeyer Brookmeyer (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Ray Bryant Cold Turkey (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
Jazz Instrument: Bebop Music Categories:
- Jamey Aebersold 500 Miles High (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Dave Brubeck: In Your Own Sweet Way (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Fusion (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD) ~ $18.71 LABOR DAY
- Jamey Aebersold Kenny Werner: Freeplay (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY