Glenn Miller From Rags to Riches: Dec. 1938 - Nov. 1939 (Live)
- Released: September 8, 2003
- Label: Jazz Band
- 1.Theme Song (Opening Theme)
- 2.King Porter Stomp
- 3.Please Come Out of Your Dream
- 4.F.D.R. Jones
- 5.One O'Clock Jump
- 6.Moonlight Serenade (Opening Theme)
- 7.Farewell Blues
- 8.Moon Love
- 9.We Can Live on Love (We Haven't Got a Pot to Cook In)
- 10.Hold Tight (Want Some Sea Food, Mama)
- 11.Moonlight Serenade (Opening Theme)
- 12.I Want to Be Happy
- 13.My Last Goodbye
- 14.The Little Man Who Wasn't There
- 15.Dipper Mouth Blues (Sugar Foot Stomp)
- 16.Moonlight Serenade (Closing Theme)
- 17.Moonlight Serenade (Opening Theme)
- 18.Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Oh!
- 19.Indian Summer
- 20.My Isle of Golden Dreams
- 21.Tiger Rag (Hold That Tiger!)
- 22.Moonlight Serenade (Closing Theme)
Personnel includes: Glenn Miller (arranger, trombone); Tex Beneke (vocals, tenor saxophone, clarinet); Ray Eberle, Marion Hutton (vocals).
Recorded live on the radio at the Paradise Cabaret & Restaurant, New York, New York on December 31, 1938; Glen Island Casino, New Rochelle, New York, on June 20, 1939 & July 14, 1939; The Meadowbrook, Cedar Grove, New Jersey, November 26, 1939.
Personnel: Tex Beneke (vocals, clarinet, tenor saxophone); Glenn Miller (vocals, trombone); Marion Francis Thornburg, Raymond G. Eberle, Marion Hutton, Ray Eberle (vocals); Richard Fisher (guitar); Albert Klink, Al Klink (clarinet, bass clarinet, tenor saxophone); Harold Tennyson, Vincent James "Jimmy" Abato, Hal McIntyre, Wilbur Schwartz (clarinet, alto saxophone); Claude Lakey (alto saxophone); Stanley Aronson (tenor saxophone); Paul Tanner (trumpet, trombone); Leigh Knowles, Clyde L. Hurley Jr., John T. McGhee, John Best , Bob Price, Dale McMickle, Legh Knowles , Claude Bowen, John McClanian Best Jr. (trumpet); Frank Joseph DAnnolfo, Alex Mastandrea (trombone); John Chalmers MacGregor, Richard "Dick" Fisher (piano); Moe Purtill, Cody Sanderford (drums).
Liner Note Author: Ken Seavor.
Recording information: Glen Island Casino, New Rochelle, NY (12/31/1938-11/26/1939); Paradise Cabaret + Restaurant, New York, NY (12/31/1938-11/26/1939); The Meadowbrook, Ceder Grove, NJ (12/31/1938-11/26/1939).
Director: Glenn Miller.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Warren Jordan; Paul Hidalgo; Raul Hidalgo.
Arrangers: Eddie Durham; Glenn Miller; Bill Finegan; Buck Clayton.
Tiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 2 (CD)(5)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!