- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 39 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 10, 2007
- Originally Released: 1948
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Doris Day in her first feature role plays a struggling nightclub singer who agrees to take a cruise posing as a wealthy socialite who would rather stay home to spy on her husband. Her scheme is foiled when a private detective hired to spy on the vacationing wife falls in love with the imposter. Academy Award Nominations: Best Song ("Romance on the High Seas"), Best Scoring of a Musical Picture.
When Mrs. Kent suspects Mr. Kent of running around behind her back, she decides to play a trick on her husband. She books a single ticket on a cruise ship, announces her departure... and sends another woman in her place.
However, Mr. Kent doesn't like the idea of Mrs. Kent being alone at sea. So he hires a detective to keep an eye on her during the trip.
The real trouble begins when the private dick and the fake Mrs. Kent fall in true love...
- Film debut for actress Doris Day.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Johnny Berkes (The Drunk), Kenneth Britten (Bartender), Avon Long, Sir Lancelot, The Samba Kings, and Page Cavanaugh Trio.