Bob Crosby Where Do We Go From Here, Volume 18
- Released: April 3, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Halcyon Records Uk
- 1.You're Easy To Dance With
- 2.When My Dream Boat Comes Home
- 3.Walking The Floor Over You
- 4.I Can't Tell A Lie
- 5.I Hung My Head And Cried
- 6.You're My Darling
- 7.The End Of The World
- 8.You Broke My Heart, Little Darlin'
- 9.The Marines Hymn
- 10.Anchors Aweigh
- 11.Over There
- 12.When You Think Of Lovin', Baby, Think Of Me
- 13.Where Do We Go From Here
- 14.The Caissons Go Rolling Along
- 15.Semper Paratus
- 16.Pack Up Your Troubles (And Smile! Smile! Smile!)
- 17.The Army Air Corps
- 18.I Don't Care Anymore
- 19.It Makes No Never Mind
- 20.I Told You So
- 21.I'll Never Cry Over You
Personnel includes: Bob Crosby, Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire.
Personnel: Bob Crosby (vocals); Fred Astaire, Mary Lee (vocals); Nappy Lamare (guitar); Matty Matlock (clarinet); Eddie Miller (tenor saxophone); Lyman Vunk, Max Herman, Yank Lawson (trumpet); Floyd O'Brien, Elmer Smithers, Bruce Squires, Pete Carpenter, Buddy Morrow (trombone); Jess Stacy (piano); Cody Sandifer, Ray Bauduc (drums).
Director: Bob Crosby.
Editor: Charlie Crump.
Arrangers: Matty Matlock; Paul Weston; Bob Haggart; Buddy Baker.
This 18th volume in the exhaustive chronology of recordings involving Bob Crosby picks up the thread in Hollywood, with Bob backing Fred Astaire and brother Bing for the soundtrack to 1942's Holiday Inn before cutting more solo sides with Mary Lee and the Wilde twins in the vocal chair. It's a varied lot, with some hot jazz licks from Bobcats Ray Bauduc, Jess Stacy, Yank Lawson, and Matty Matlock working nicely against the more polished stylings of the regular Orchestra, as on flag-wavers like "The Army Air Corp.," "The Caissons Go Rolling Along," and "Anchors Aweigh." Nice transfers and great notes, too, make this a most interesting set. ~ Cub Koda
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!