- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 24, 2008
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Blue Underground
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - Italian
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Photo Galleries: Poster & Still Gallery
- Additional Text: Written Commentary, Gualtiero Jacopetti, Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Also known as "Mondo Cane 2," this shockumentary serves up more world-wide weirdness including cops in drag, masochistic rituals and oh, so much more.
Description by Ryko Distribution:
Two years after their international smash MONDO CANE became the most controversial documentary of its time, Directors Gualtiero Jacopetti and Franco Prosperi again ignited a firestorm of outrage and acclaim as they traveled the globe to film an all-new exploration of primitives, penitents and perversions in a world gone mad. From the burning monks of Saigon to the slave markets of the Sudan, from religious hysteria to ecological horrors, from sex and art to life and death, this is an odyssey of beauty and barbarism that goes far beyond anything moviegoers had ever seen before. This is MONDO CANE 2.
After 40 years of butchered prints and neglected negatives, this shocker of a sequel (also known as MONDO PAZZO) has been fully restored from the original negative recently discovered in a vault near Rome. Blue Underground is now proud to present this landmark movie experience totally uncut, uncensored and fully restored for the first time ever!