- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1934
- Label: Delta
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Bonus Clip - SABOTEUR
- Introduction: Tony Curtis
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Menu Languages: English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/01/2013
"[I]t remains a fine piece of entertainment, a swift and witty action adventure that helped to establish Hitchcock's international reputation."
An English couple on holiday in Switzerland find themselves embroiled in an international plot to assassinate a foreign dignitary when the husband overhears the secret and their daughter is kidnapped. This taut, suspenseful thriller is aided by the director's wry wit and tight pacing. Critics continue to argue the film's merits versus those of its 1956 remake.
Hitchcock's first version of this dramatic and complex tale of espionage, kidnapping, and family relationships. When a father intercepts a secret message of a murdered man, his daughter is subsequently kidnapped. Soon he and his wife -- a world-class sharpshooter -- become entangled with gangsters, cops, and murderers, as they struggle to understand and foil a nefarious plot.
- An remake of this film was released in 1956, also directed by Alfred Hitchcock.