Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 8, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Peace Arch Trinity
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: The Perfect Life: Around the World With Valentino
- The Last Collection
- A Red Dress
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Italian
- Subtitles - English, French, Italian, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Box Office - 03/20/2009
3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Beautifully organized, the film moves seamlessly from Valentino as 'the celebrity,' into the business behind his brand name, the encroaching threat of his company's new owner and the ultimate end of the professional and creative freedom that made it possible for Valentino to 'assume the throne' from which he famously reigned."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/25/2009
3 stars out of 4 -- "VALENTINO: THE LAST EMPEROR is a documentary with privileged access to the legendary designer in his studio, workshop, backstage, his homes, even aboard his yacht and private jet..."
Wall Street Journal - 04/03/2009
"Some documentaries stick doggedly to their subjects until they find something meaningful. This one, beautifully photographed by Tom Hurwitz, sparkles with significant details from the start."
A.V. Club - 04/09/2009
"The ceremony and process of the designer's farewell is genuinely moving..."
Behind The Scenes |