- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: HBO Home Video
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
Interviews: Charlie Rose with Andrew Jarecki - Director
Featurette: Jesse Friedman's Life Today
New Case Evidence
- Andrew Jarecki Short Film that Inspired the Feature
- An Altercation at the Premiere
- Unseen Home Video Footage
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/30/2003
"...In this somber and thoughtful documentary, Mr. Jarecki has the good grace to probe for answers while not allowing the camera to become intrusive..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/06/2003
"...CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS is gripping, lacerating, moving, and tragic -- a work of documentary art..."
Rolling Stone - 06/12/2003
"...This movie will pin you to your seat....A strikingly hard-nosed feature debut..."
USA Today - 06/13/2003
"...Not since MEMENTO has a movie served up such a provocative mind-bender..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/06/2003
"...Disturbing and haunting....The film is an instructive lesson about the elusiveness of facts, especially in a legal context..."
Film Comment - 01/01/2004
"[A] tabloid spectacle with heart..."
Movieline's Hollywood Life - 02/01/2004
"CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS lingers in the mind."
Sight and Sound - 04/01/2004
"[A] compelling documentary..."
Essential Cinema |
Family Interaction |
- Theatrical Release Date: May 23, 2003 (NY)
June 13, 2003 (LIMITED)